When to go on vacation?? :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When to go on vacation?? :(

We were supposed to leave for our 25th anniversary trip to Cancun on the 23rd. Pretty safe to say that that is out. Then I was thinking July or August. Yesterday I was thinking how do I know that we will be able to go then or even feel safe going then. Who knows.

Thought about going somewhere else but don’t know what to do.

Four years ago we had a similar trip planned and had to cancel it because of work situation. Seems like we are cursed lol. I have been getting messages from expedia to cancel but every time I try to contact them in any way to ask questions it wont let me because our trip isnt scheduled for less than 72 hours.

Rick

Yeah a lot of uncertainty & unfortunate situation we are in. I told the wife we ain’t scheduling squat right now not knowing how long this could impact travel & populated areas with all the stay at home restrictions & social distancing rules. Best of luck

Comment

We had a cruise that was scheduled for early May that has been cancelled. We also have a trip to Vegas scheduled for late May that we haven’t cancelled yet. I figured we would see what the status is closer to then.

Comment

We will have to wait a couple months and see probably. I know expedia is busy but it is annoying that they wont even talk to me in any way but yet they want me to cancel. The email says “we cant guarantee you wont lose any money” lol.

I have to wait till its 3 days away before they will talk to me

Rick

Comment

We have a 15-day trip to Glacier NP and all points in between scheduled for September. Fingers crossed, but expecting to have to cancel.

Comment

Supposed to go to Hawaii in June. Pretty sure that’s getting whacked.

Comment

Not scheduling anything at all. Really looking like this year is a bust on vacations. We have a Frio trip planned Memorial Day weekend that has been scheduled since January. We'll see how that plays out...

Comment

Originally posted by Dudley View Post
                We have a 15-day trip to Glacier NP and all points in between scheduled for September. Fingers crossed, but expecting to have to cancel.
                Sept lol, don't put that on me Ricky Bobby!!!!
                I gots me some elk , who are dying to see me, and I wouldn't want to disappoint them .

Comment

Im not planning any trips for the next year and half. I suggest you consider doing the same Hairless. Even if you get COVID19 and recover...there is a considerable reinfection rate. We will all have to wait for a vaccine before life renormalizes to the way it was before China infected the world.

Happy Anniversary to you and the missus. My 10 year is coming up and I wanted to take the wife to Paris. Eso si que es.
                  Last edited by Briar Friar; 04-04-2020, 07:43 AM.

Comment

We have a vacation planned in the destin area around the 4th of July. At this point we still plan to go. Of course this is more of a regional trip and we plan to drive instead of fly.

It could possibly get cancelled but I’m optimistic that spring and summer heat will knock this thing way down for the time being.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We had a trip with the grand baby to see the mouse scheduled for May, and we have pushed it to October. Still not sure that will happen. I just leased a lake lot and when I get it cleaned up that will probably be our vacation spot for a while.

Comment

I wanted to get unofficially married in Akumal in May..It ain't gonna happen.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Not going anywhere this year

Maybe things will settle and we can spend a weekend at the lake with friends

Somebody posted the other day about staying close and supporting small businesses, sounds like a good plan to me to help folks recover

Comment

Supposed to be in Destin for my mom's 80th the middle of May. This trip has been in the works for quite some time. I had big surprises planned there for her with lots of her friends. I know I need to cancel....I just haven't been able to make myself do it yet.

Comment

Your Expedia issue sounds common for folks that book trips using those services. A childhood friend of mine is a travel agent and has 4 cruises cancelled thru September. Complete cancellations zero questions asked encompassing 1,900 of her clients. The cruise line contacted her directly and said when it is time to rebook the upgrades and commissions will be enhanced considerably. I doubt their is much you can do with online vacations like Expedia. Maybe contact the Attorney Generals office wherever Expedia is located to inquire. We have already cancelled 3 family events without any issues: Formula 1 races in Monaco & Montreal and my daughters graduation from Auburn (hotel and restaurant rental). I am on standby for updates concerning the F1 Race in Austin.

Comment

Working...
                              X