Wheat pennies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
    What year did they stop making those was it something like 1964? My grandpa told me once but I don't remember.
    64 was the last year for the dimes and Quarters

Comment

There was a couple of years during WW2, I think, they had steel pennies. Had a coin collection with pennies from 1920 up til the 80’s along with most nickels, dimes, and quarters. Buffalo nickels from earlier. They all got mixed up in the demolition of my parents house after the Harvey flood. Never did look up values on any of them.

Comment

It kinda makes a person wonder just how much change was in their pocket at some point that was probably worth more than they thought. I know I've thought about that.

Comment

Originally posted by lilavidhunter View Post
          64 was the last year for the dimes and Quarters
          I thought he told me 1964. My memory ain't too bad.

Comment

lol
            We have 3 1909 s bdv pennies

Are you EBH?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I remember when the wheat penny, the buffalo nickel and liberty dime were the norm. Back then I didn't see many quarters.

I think the quarter & dime changed composition in 1964.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                I save them, would have saved all of the silver quarters, nickels and dimes I had pass through my hands, had I known, they were silver. My wife, the smarter one, has been saving silver quarters for years, I was surprised how many she has. When I saw them, I realized very quickly I have had many over the years and did not know what they were.

I do have one indian head penny, I think it's from around 1893, found it when I was filling up with gas one day. Sure someone was not happy about loosing that one.

Most of my wheat pennys are from about 1955 to 1958. I do have some back to the 1930s, I think I know I have many from the 1940s.
                I wish I had saved uncirculated rolls of 1983-P quarters. They sell for about $1000 per roll.

Search your change now for 2019-W quarters. They are selling for about $20-35 each now, and ALL 10 million of them were released into circulation. I found 58 of them last year and sold most of them for $50-75 each when they were a real hot item.

Comment

Vdb

Sorry

Comment

Originally posted by Native Texan View Post
                    I wish I had saved uncirculated rolls of 1983-P quarters. They sell for about $1000 per roll.

Search your change now for 2019-W quarters. They are selling for about $20-35 each now, and ALL 10 million of them were released into circulation. I found 58 of them last year and sold most of them for $50-75 each when they were a real hot item.
                    Thanks for the info, I will have to try and remember that.

Comment

I have a 1925 silver dollar and 3 mint error dimes. and a quarter that I found on a beach in New York from 2001 back in 2016. none are worth anything but fun to keep.
                      did you know that the US mint makes 12 pennies a second? not trying to be a Debbie Downer. just a odd fact.
                      I will post some photos if others do the same.

Comment

All the coins I have worth showing are in storage. I have some 1/2 dollars and stuff like that. Nothin that is rare by any means.

Comment

I keep wheat pennies and drummer boy quarters when I find them

Comment

I’m a collector of them as well. I just found a nickel from the forty’s.

Comment

I have a separate bucket for pre '83 pennies.
                              I will check wheaties to see if they are special, if not they go with the rest of the copper.

Comment

West Point Mint quarters...I never found any of the last 2 that came out.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X