No announcement yet.

Thinking "Inside the Box"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh and he ain't gonna like you and Ethan for a few days afterwards too! might have to start the taming up all over again!

Comment

Feed ?

He ain't eatn feed much anymore. Still drinks milk pretty good (although not too much this am).

The feed is show pig feed for piglets.

Any suggestions on other feeds?

Thanks, D.

Comment

We have a friend that raised one on nothing but dog food. That sucker got huge for a wild pig.

Comment

Originally posted by 12ring View Post
          He ain't eatn feed much anymore. Still drinks milk pretty good (although not too much this am).

The feed is show pig feed for piglets.

Any suggestions on other feeds?

Thanks, D.
          We used to feed ours milk and white bread warmed in the microwave when they were small enough to fit in a coffee can. As they got bigger, about the size of yalls we'd transition them to dog food soaked in milk, then weaned the milk off to just plain dog food. About the 5th one we raised was named Ol' Roy, from the sack of dog food he'd eat a week.....

Comment

Originally posted by MASTERS View Post
            We used to feed ours milk and white bread warmed in the microwave when they were small enough to fit in a coffee can. As they got bigger, about the size of yalls we'd transition them to dog food soaked in milk, then weaned the milk off to just plain dog food. About the 5th one we raised was named Ol' Roy, from the sack of dog food he'd eat a week.....
            Goid post. That cheap ol powdered milk over cheap dog food with warm water.

Comment

Nurse all.

Soaked bread and puppy chow in Nurse all. He ate it!

That stuff smells like I wanna bake a cake w/it, lol.

Thanks for the info, gents!

Comment

What a great, fun thread! Thanks for bringing some brightness in all the crazy going on in this world....much needed!

Comment

If not Boaris, it should be Lucky!

Comment

Any update?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

*Bi-polar pig!

He's starting to come around, I think. Last couple days we've seen vast improvements.

Eatn great. (And maybe "great eatn" in a few mos).

*Bloodied me up a little today. But next minute he's a lap dog.

Loves belly and behind the ears scratches, lol. Acting just like a dog. Even fast kicks one back leg when ear scratching.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200409_222317.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	24613717
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	20200409_222142.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	265.0 KB
ID:	24613716

Comment

Scratching

If you can get him still long enough to start petting him, he will go into a sleep like trance and just fall over once you start scratching his side/belly.

Maybe he thinks Ethan is "Momma", grooming him ???

It's pretty funny.

Comment

What a awesome job DAD!! That boy won't ever forget that as long as he is alive!

Comment

Originally posted by 12ring View Post
                            Ethan asked me to ask TBH for name suggestions.

[ATTACH]998456[/ATTACH]
                            Pork Chop [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Mights well be.....

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                              What a awesome job Pappy!! That boy won't ever forget that as long as he is alive!
                              Ethan is my Grandson. He & his lil sis (Bella) live w/us, along w their Dad - my stepson.

Their mom left us w the kids when Bella was 6 mos (aced a drug test). That was 5 yrs ago. Long story. Tough on em missing "mom", if you can call her that.

Short story..... - These kids are getn a lil "spoiled".

(Kinda hidden above, but posted video of the "scratchn", lol).
                              Last edited by 12ring; 04-10-2020, 10:04 AM. Reason: Video

Comment

Epic!

Comment

Working...
                                X