• Show
Clear All

Truss and ‘back’ of house

View from front today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great View.

Comment

Finished staining the posts and beams today. Back to staining soffits this week.

Comment

I got most of the truss done today, hope to finish it tomorrow. From this angle the scaffold does not look high, when I’m up there with wind I remember why I don’t hunt tree stands.

Windows start going in tomorrow.

Comment

Looks good. Congrats

Comment

Soon to be no more Bill in San Jose....

Front windows going in yesterday. Large kitchen and dining room installed today. Marvin makes some beautiful windows.

Love Montana- schools are closed, but the Tobacco Roots 3d Archery Range opened for the season.

Doctors offices are closed (non essential), but the local brewery is open 3-7 daily selling growlers (and refills) of an assortment of locally brewed beers ‘to-go’.

Last edited by Bill; 04-09-2020, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Looks beautiful Bill, as Dale stated, puts a smile on my face every time I check your progress.

Comment

Thanks,

Here’s kitchen and dining room windows. I’m starting a movement to move dining room table elsewhere and put in a pool table instead.

Comment

Congratulations on the move up in the world !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Enough sunny pictures. We have a storm blowing from the north, weather will go from 50s to teens with rain turning to snow this afternoon.

It’s considered bad luck to say ‘wind’ here, people call it “the W”. I found a Shoshone-English dictionary, and the local native Americans called it “neiappeh”- the wind.

West

North (neiappeh!)

Comment

Only essential services open:

3d Archery range

Ruby Valley Brew

Comment

Is that a "Free Beer" sign in the window? I can't believe my eyes! If so, I'ma bout to be your next door neighbor!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                            Is that a "Free Beer" sign in the window? I can't believe my eyes! If so, I'ma bout to be your next door neighbor!

Yes, but the fine print below says something funny. Interesting young lady is behind the bar- she got a 4 year degree in high performance engines and builds off-road vehicles. It’s Montana.

Comment

Living in an agricultural community, people are great. The covid mess has dropped potato demand so low farmers are burying last year’s harvest since it can’t be sold.

3 woman in a pickup truck with bed full of spuds were parked all day in town (near the brewery) giving away bags or boxes of spuds. Local ranch. Her license plate says “USA BEEF”.

I’m making warm German potato salad to go with dinner tonight.

Comment

The 2 triangular windows went in yesterday, plus more work by plumber. Most of HVAC is installed, electrician placing boxes.

The builder (our son) is doing a great job- look at the truss and internal web design we drew. Visible through the 2 upper windows.

Comment

Working...
                                X