APR accuracy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

APR accuracy

So, I drilled this during load workup yesterday with a new chamber from Robert and team. Unfortunately it was slow and huge SD. I have not measured it because these targets are tough to be accurate with. I would guess .2 or .1 moa.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I don't know how you could live with that.

Comment

Originally posted by flyinstroke View Post
      I don't know how you could live with that.
      Looks great @ 100 but out at 1K or more that large ES will cause issues!

Comment

Looks like you missed, to me!

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
          Looks like you missed, to me!
          Hah! Very True. The funny thing is this rifle was zeroed without a muzzle brake for a 1K NRA competition (They do not allow muzzle brakes). I put the muzzle brake on the rifle and this was the zero shift. This is a 28" M24 Countor barrel that you would think would not shift this much, color me surprised!

Comment

This brake and the magneto speed caused about two inches of shift.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice shooting! If the speed was where you wanted it to be, I’d say it was time to start playing with neck tension to bring the SD in line. But it sounds like it’s back to the drawing board.....

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
                Looks great @ 100 but out at 1K or more that large ES will cause issues!
                ding!

nice group tho

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                  Nice shooting! If the speed was where you wanted it to be, I’d say it was time to start playing with neck tension to bring the SD in line. But it sounds like it’s back to the drawing board.....
                  The tension is a problem. I could feel the difference when seating these sets on my arbor press. My annealer is not here yet and I hope that fixes my issue. I also have a few more mandrels on order to play around with and will try some 4831SC. I think I will have the load nailed down in a week or two, fingers crossed! I am not messing with it anymore until my annealer gets here, this hornady brass is just not great..

Comment

The tension is a problem. I could feel the difference when seating these sets on my arbor press. My annealer is not here yet and I hope that fixes my issue. I also have a few more mandrels on order to play around with and will try some 4831SC. I think I will have the load nailed down in a week or two, fingers crossed! I am not messing with it anymore until my annealer gets here, this hornady brass is just not great..

Seeing the same on our end. Praying that ADG will release some PRC brass SOON.

Comment

Just messing around with the target, calipers and range buddy looks like this group is from .06 - .1 I wish I had not used these splat targets but I did not have much in the truck!

Comment

Not bad for a 1 shot group.

Comment

Originally posted by one66stang View Post
                          Not bad for a 1 shot group.
                          Wow detective, you are on to me!

Comment

Wow detective, you are on to me!
                            I'm funnin ya bud, I have one of there rifles and its a tack driver also. Enjoy the laser beam

Comment

Originally posted by one66stang View Post
                              I'm funnin ya bud, I have one of there rifles and its a tack driver also. Enjoy the laser beam
                              I should have put the smiley instead of the rolleyes! Thanks man!

Comment

Working...
                              X