Cold weather and snow, and hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cold weather and snow, and hunting

Who is hunting today and is it snowing there? We are on the line of where it is supposed to be snowing, or maybe 10 miles south but still holding out hope. Its drizzling rain and about 35 right now.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Not me. It’s a bit muddy here this morning. We had a decent rain last night, but no snow yet. Supposed to get some later today.

Comment

I'm in the stand. It is definitely muddy. Thank god for tent blinds. Or else....I may be sleeping in.

Comment

I’m sleeping in this morning. Heavy sleet falling now supposed to change to snow in a little bit. They say we are supposed to get 5 to 9 inches of snow.....we’ll see.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
          I’m sleeping in this morning. Heavy sleet falling now supposed to change to snow in a little bit. They say we are supposed to get 5 to 9 inches of snow.....we’ll see.
          Where are you? I sure wish ours would turn to snow. Raining hard here now

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
            I'm in the stand. It is definitely muddy. Thank god for tent blinds. Or else....I may be sleeping in.

Good luck to you!

Comment

Its been pouring here for most of the night. I flipped my rain guage but I imagine we got 3" overnight and I measured 2.4 yesterday. I never complain about rain but I wouldn't complain if it stopped now either. I have a pig leg I was going to cook for NYE dinner.

I don't hunt from a blind so a morning hunt is out.

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
                Where are you? I sure wish ours would turn to snow. Raining hard here now

Sonora

Comment

I'm sitting in a blind in San Saba County. Windy and wet. No snow.

Comment

I’ve always wanted to hunt in the snow. I’m tempted to make a run back to the ranch if it looks like we might get some snow.

Comment

It’s a brutal 64 right now in SE Houston, good luck to you guys hunting, especially in winter weather.

Comment

Yep I shoulda went to a local pond front hasn’t even got here yet

Comment

I'm in stand now and sleeting hard. It's below 30 and I have the heater going and spraying ant fog on windows. Very relaxing.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
                            It’s a brutal 64 right now in SE Houston, good luck to you guys hunting, especially in winter weather.
                            Hobby airport. 66 degrees and 1/10th of rain so far...................

Comment

Originally posted by PROD49 View Post
                              I'm in stand now and sleeting hard. It's below 30 and I have the heater going and spraying ant fog on windows. Very relaxing.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
                              Ants shouldn't be a problem at these temps and better hope the heater does not ignite that stuff inside your blind

Good luck

Working here, steady rain and I don't own a blind (tree stands) so I am content to be working today

Comment

Working...
                              X