BATF comment period is open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BATF comment period is open

Please go to this link and comment. https://www.regulations.gov/document...2020-0001-0001
    We only have a short time to get on the record and possibly slow this down.

Feel free to paraphrase my letter but whatever be respectful if you want to be taken seriously.

I am the licensed owner of several NFA items including two SBR's and I am commenting to register my opposition to the ATF Notice: "Objective Factors for Classifying Weapons with "Stabilizing Braces"

1) My first objection: The attempt to characterize your "new criteria" as "Objective Factors" as the title suggests I find specious. Most are clearly "Subjective" and will further muddy the definition, creating confusion throughout not only the masses of current owners but law enforcement and the legal system.

2) My second objection: BATF's penchant for contradicting their own written advice to manufacturers and purchasers. The BATF issued guidance in 2012 which stated the attachment of arm braces to large pistol platforms does not constitute the manufacture of a short-barreled rifle.

3) In my non-legal opinion the BATF has exceed it's authority as limited by the "Executive Order on Promoting the Rule of Law Through Improved Agency Guidance Documents". Constitutionally, changes to firearms law must be addressed through the legislature and not at the agency level.

4) Finally retroactively forcing current owners to comply with new rules including registration or be labeled as felons for possession of unregistered NFA items would create a tremendous backlash and panic, further hampering BATF's ability to carry out it's mandate.

Respectfully, Art Griepp

Done:

The weapons taken across the border to be "tracked" have caused more murders than "stabilizing braces" will ever cause in a million years. Do the right thing, please.

Comment

done.

Comment

Done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Done

Comment

Done!

Comment

Am I the only one who is skeptical of the claimed number of comments?

Comment

13k for the first day or two isn't bad

Comment

North of 22k comments. Let’s keep’em coming.

Comment

Make sure to make it your own! They are saying duplicated comments will not be counted

Comment

Did it yesterday.

May do it a few more times.

Comment

Submitted my comments today.

Comment

BATF has withdrawn the Notice letter!!! We did it!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                            BATF has withdrawn the Notice letter!!! We did it!!!!!!!!!!

https://youtu.be/hB15Lw-iLp8
                            Are we just safe until Jan 20th?

Comment

Gun rights issues cross party lines. This was a groundswell. We kept them honest this time. We can do it again.

Comment

Working...
                              X