ammo demand message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ammo demand message

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIgvoJKovIg&t=144s"]A Message From Federal, CCI, Speer And Remington President Jason Vanderbrink On Ammo Demand - YouTube[/ame]

This is a great video. No doubt this guy and his company are in a no win situation.

Comment

Interesting video to combat the hate agenda towards his company.

Comment

Good on 'em.

Comment

Good video...thanks for posting it.

I was at Cabela's in League City yesterday and as soon as ammo was placed on the shelf, someone was picking it up and buying it. The demand is just unreal right now!

Comment

So it is the *** hats that are buying it all up!?

Comment

Here is Hornady's message.
              [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCgQ2DV0n6Q"]Hornady: Doing Everything We Can - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

I asked this 8-10 years ago and will ask again. Any clue why they don't expand production more?

They have to know they can't make enough. Maybe they see a risk in the market that I don't. But heck we all know there will be a shortage again and again. Just expand.

Maybe they don't want to expand because that would bring prices down?

Comment

I undERstand the message he is sending but at the same time they are reaping the benefits. I think they themselves probably stoke the coals to keep the embers burning on shortages. Just my .02 cents.

Comment

If .gov puts this huge tax on ammo and gun parts, that may slow things down a little.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                      I asked this 8-10 years ago and will ask again. Any clue why they don't expand production more?

They have to know they can't make enough. Maybe they see a risk in the market that I don't. But heck we all know there will be a shortage again and again. Just expand.

I don’t think a surge in demand once a decade justifies the huge capital investment in machinery, floor space, personnel, training, etc. They are running three shifts now. Not sure what more can realistically be expected.

I was able to buy 4 boxes of 50 rounds each of 9 mm for $15/bx from GT Distributors. That was their 200 round limit. I don’t think the manufacturers have hiked their prices that much, it’s the distributors. BTW, GT Dist will only sell ammo with firearm purchase and only if they have any ammo in stock. None on the shelf for retail buyers.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post

In manufacturing, this would be a big financial commitment. You either have to spend big money to expand your plant, or run more shifts to produce 24/7. Night shifts are expensive, plus can damage your quality controls. Plus, labor is tight, so you have to pay more in wages, or you can have trouble finding good help.

Then if you make this investment, and demand slows down, you are at financial risk if you borrowed money for the capex.

So, it's not as easy as you think. Lots of factors at play.

Comment

well this is encouraging I've been on the hunt for some .308 to no avail . hope to find some soon

Comment

Wish he would’ve mentioned primers. Looks like all primers are just going to factory loads. I figured it’s just demand causing the shortage.

Comment

Just like toilet paper. Folks are scared and hoarding.

Comment

Working...
                              X