Idaho archery elk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idaho archery elk

Question for those that have hunted archery elk in Idaho.
    I have been doing a little reading and research about possibly hunting next year in Idaho for elk. While looking at the herd density and hunt dates I kept seeing the archery hunters warning, so I looked it up in the regulations. It states that during the archery and muzzle loader season the All Weapons season will also be going on and to plan accordingly in some of the best areas with the highest herd density.

Two questions; 1-Have any of you that have hunted Idaho for archery elk come across rifle hunters during the archery season? 2-How many other hunters have you actually seen deep in the woods during archery season?

OK 3 questions, is it getting crowded like Colorado?

Thanks in advance.

We hunted idaho and probably will continue to until we draw some other states. Public hunting is the same every where in my opinion. You get far enough away from the main trails and camp grounds you might never see a person. Idaho has been hit hard with the wolves destroying the elk numbers. I would not hunt archery anywhere that there is gun hunting going on. As far as the density of elk you are guaranteed to have more hunters. More elk in the area more hunters. Sometimes working harder in the areas that don’t have as many elk can be just as rewarding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I hunted Hell’s Canyon in 2017. We were in the wilderness area, horse backed in 25 miles to a outfitter camp. I passed on a couple spike bulls first day, never nocked an arrow the rest of the week. We heard wolves at night from camp, filled canteens from springs for water all week. God only knows where they grow taters in that state, the part I was in was straight vertical. Epic trip, never saw another hunter that wasn’t from our camp.

Comment

Get a copy of the hunting regs and decide which zone you want to hunt in. Then look at the A and B tags to determine what weapons are allowed and what timeframe. For instance, I have hunted in 10A (Dworshak) a couple of years with an A tag, and it is archery only most of September. Rut and no rifle hunters. $600 OTC.

Comment

Thanks guys, I appreciate the responses.

Comment

Working...
          X