Deutsch drahthaar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Artos View Post
    You'll really love the way they can drip loads of water all over the tile after drinking & then lay their head on your leg.
    I taught mine to dry her beard on a towel that hung on the door by her water bowl. Seriously.

They are extremely smart dogs. Can be aloof. Mine will just stare at a stranger. They are generally a 1 master breed. Mine would only obey me.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
      I taught mine to dry her beard on a towel that hung on the door by her water bowl. Seriously.

They are extremely smart dogs. Can be aloof. Mine will just stare at a stranger. They are generally a 1 master breed. Mine would only obey me.
      Oh man!!! I need that! Lollie soaks me every time. How did you teach her that. Please post video!!

Comment

You'll have to run trials to certify

Comment

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
          Here is some good info. on how the DD breed developed.

Basically the DD has to pass hunt testing and confirmation to be bred and be recognized in the German registry. Whereas under AKC/UKC any papered dog can breed and its offspring be papered. No testing or confirmation needed.
          I'm not saying that wire hairs or American PPs or any other hunting dog outside the German system is inferior or won't be a good hunting dog....BUT...there is absolutely no backyard breeding in the German system and they keep all the remotely subpar animals out of the breeding stock. Will you get a crap litter from time to time in the German system? I suppose it's possible but they are pretty dang fanatical folks and without trying to offend anyone here (IMHO) your going to getva better dog more often if it's German registered.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Comment

35 years ago we bought a girl from Washington state. I was hunting as much as possible and she was a machine. Made a buisness card from this picture and used it for years. Wish I was 15 years younger. Would bring in another tomorrow.
            Attached Files

Comment

Found it. Before cell phones.....
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Johnny Dangerr; 10-08-2020, 05:24 AM.

Comment

Beeper

Haven't seen that in forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                  Beeper

Haven't seen that in forever.
                  I worked for a big dealership in Houston and we had 1 fax machine for the whole dealership........

Comment

Originally posted by tribute06 View Post
                    Looking for info on a breeder out of Utah. Vom Wasatch. Very new to the breed and just put a deposit down on pup today. Was curious if anyone had pups from this guy. Doing a lot of research on the breed and sounds like an all around jam up dog. Any info on the breed or training info greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                    I am getting my first drahthaar puppy from him this spring as well. Seemed like a good choice to me and I really like his dogs coats for waterfowl work. Hard to get a dud with the German system.

Which litter?

Comment

I don't know what made me open this thread, I really have little interest in the breed, but the fact that I got to see Johnny's ridiculous looking business cards from the 80's made it all worthwhile.

Comment

The “Diva’s” have their booth across from mine at the Fort Worth Trophy Hunter’s show and they always have their DD with them. Awesome dog but I bet it has cost me a ton of business over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                          Not familiar with that breeder. But there is a breeder in S TX, Vom Sendero that used to have a video series on training DD’s.... sadly I’m pretty sure I have lost mine in a spring cleaning.

You will love the breed. My old girl is 13 and still has the heart, she just can’t take the wear and tear. She has pointed pheasant, bobwhite, and blues for me. Picked up countless ducks and geese. Recovered a deer for the wife of a member on here and a few of my deer. Even caught a wild piglet on a hunt once. Fantastic breed. Hope ons day my schedule let’s me get another
                          Countless ducks? I’m calling Bullsh.

Comment

like, sounds like an awesome breed

Comment

Originally posted by tribute06 View Post
                              Looking for info on a breeder out of Utah. Vom Wasatch. Very new to the breed and just put a deposit down on pup today. Was curious if anyone had pups from this guy. Doing a lot of research on the breed and sounds like an all around jam up dog. Any info on the breed or training info greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                              So are you getting a puppy from the litter on the ground now? Candy and Donner? I am getting a female from this litter.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                                I don't know what made me open this thread, I really have little interest in the breed, but the fact that I got to see Johnny's ridiculous looking business cards from the 80's made it all worthwhile.
                                It's still on body shop walls in Texas and Louisana..............

Comment

Working...
                                X