Gun Security in Vehicle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gun Security in Vehicle

I am wanting to buy a pistol to keep in my truck on long drives for safety reasons. I want to keep it either in the glove compartment or console. What set up do you guys use for the guns in your truck? I have seen some products that are combination safes that drop into the console, does anyone use or recommend one of these?

Additionally, I am probably choosing between a glock 19, sig p320, and SW M&P 2.0. any recommendations for choosing between these pistols? I do not plan on concealed carrying very often, this gun is more for home defense and safety while traveling.

I bought the STINGER magnetic holder from amazon ($18) after seeing it recommended here on TBH. Very pleased.

Comment

Leaving a firearm in a vehicle unattended is a recipe for disaster.

Invest in a good holster and take it with you.

Comment

I'd say only leave it in the truck as an absolute last resort. I have a cable attached snap on safe for when I can't carry. A good holster and you LTC is your best option.

Comment

I have Marathon seat covers with a driver's side pocket. I clip it on the pocket and have an extra mag. It's discreet and easy to draw from if needed. I had a security box on a cable for when I couldn't conceal carry. They cut the box when they stole my truck. Not much of a deterrent IMHO. FWIW, I don't recommend leaving a firearm in your vehicle. It will be stolen eventually.

Comment

I want a gun in my car and one I can get to and be at the ready in a flash. Weapon stays in a bra with 2 extra mags in my door. If things start to look bad it moves from door to magnet at 5 o clock to my steering wheel. If it gets stolen I have insurance. A gun I cant get to and engage a threat in less than 2 seconds is a dead man’s gun. IMO. Former mil and LE.

Comment

Lockerdown or Vaultek, I have a lockerdown safe under my rear seat that takes up the whole under seat. They also make console safes for most vehicles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

leave it where i can get to it at anytime, its only a $500 loss. somebody wants your stuff bad enough they will get it.

Comment

In terms of the guns you’re looking at I have all 3, I like all 3 a lot. I would say the g19 is the flattest shooting pistol. If it’s not for carry I wouldn’t get a 19 or any of the compact M&P’s or 320’s. Get a full size like a 17 or a P320 full size. Larger capacity and will have less recoil and be easier to manage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ammo

Hard as it is to find ammo they will probably steal your ammo and leave the gun now days. Lol

Comment

Look up KwickStrike. Pretty kewl but pricey!

Comment

Don’t leave a pistol in your truck unattended or over night. Lost one of my favorite 9mm Jericho’s. Thief broke in and stole it. Had it hidden in the console but they still found it. Get a G2c or G3c if you do. That way you haven’t lost that much if it gets stolen. The G2 that I bought actually shoots very good.

Comment

In for info on storage in vehicle. Sometimes you cant CC in all places legally, that is why I am interested in vehicle storage-short term. I tend to prefer Glocks but the Sig you listed is very nice also.

Comment

A stolen gun may be a greater liability after Biden takes over. The libs have been trying to do that for years anyway. Just something to think about.

Comment

Put one of those magnets in an easy accessible place. it is much faster to get to than almost any wearable holster other than a shoulder rig or a few cross draw holsters while seated in a vehicle. I wouldn't leave a pistol in a vehicle overnight, I'd rather have it with me...

Comment

Working...
                              X