Texas Folding Tripods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas Folding Tripods?

Are they still around? I had a buddy tell me that they were the best in the business but the only company I can find is South Texas Tripods. Are they the same company and I also heard about Woodsey Too but can’t find a website for them either.

Are their any other brands y’all would recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look up Bradford Quad pods, same as Woodsey.

God Bless
    Bish

Comment

Never heard of them. But I love my South Texas Tripod.

Comment

Years ago Texas Hunter had an aluminum folding tripod (10', maybe others), but I don't know if they still sell them. Contact Heath on here. He's their sales/marketing products guy. He can tell you for sure. I have one that is at LEAST 35 years old and it is still going strong. Folds up to about 5 feet and has a carry handle in the ladder... It's been the death of a many an animal all over East, West and South Texas...

Comment

I own one (Texas Hunter). It has telescoping adjustable legs. I tried to buy another years ago to replace my rotted out seat and rest, but they told me they had stopped making them. They are all aluminum except for the seat. I have packed it into my Honda Pilot. It is heavier and taller than Millenium, which is also all aluminum. I bought one of those as well. If I could find a new Texas Hunter tripod, I would buy it.

Comment

Yep, I replaced the seat on mine probably the first year I had it... It has a fiberglass boat seat on it now and no rifle rest. I cut it off after the first hunt. It was too low to work for me and I used it primarily for bow hunting anyway. And yes, I'd buy another one in a heartbeat.

Comment

Boat towers etc used to make one. PM Sneaky phil if he is still on here he knew about them, they used to use them at Laguna.

Comment

I got one it was my dads great little tri pod

Comment

Why do they always stop making a good product? The story of my life. How many times have you heard, "Oh they don't make those anymore"

Comment

There's a guy building some in Rosenberg, he sells them
                    On Facebook Marketplace. All aluminum , look pretty good...
                    Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

Originally posted by BigOh! View Post
                      There's a guy building some in Rosenberg, he sells them
                      On Facebook Marketplace. All aluminum , look pretty good...
                      https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...code=undefined
                      Aluminum - yes
                      Folding - no

Comment

Working...
                      X