• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
    Lol that cool

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
      What if the dad is the only one who can see but he's paralyzed, one kid is the only one with fingers but he's completely paralyzed and deaf otherwise, and he has another kid who is the only one who can hear and move who can aim the gun but he has no fingers, the dad sees the deer, tells the aiming kid to aim the gun then tells the aiming kid to tap the trigger kid to tell him to shoot.

Who tags the deer??
      I'm guessing there will be no "high fives" involved afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by switchbackxt View Post
        By Texas game laws
        Hunt means to take
        Take means to shoot

Shoot by definition means firing a weapon
        Firing a weapon by means of pulling the dang trigger, not by pointing the weapon.
        This is pretty clear reasoning to justify said wrong doing any way possible. If a child can’t shoot a gun on their own then they dont need to kill the animal. There is a lot more to hunting enjoyment than the kill.
        For people comparing a child that is not old enough to shoot a gun on their own and a person that is UNABLE to shoot because of a disability is apples and oranges.

Comment

just do it right, started my son shooting at 3yo with a .22 , cut the stocks down on cheap rifles , by the age of 5 he was shooting a h&r 44 mag with a cut down stock and all I did was watch kill his first deer.

Comment

Did said 5 yr. old son complete hunters ed. on his own or did paw assist with that part also? Asking for a friend.

Comment

Excluding someone with a disability, can it really be hunting if one cannot proficiently handle and shoot their own weapon? In the OP’s example, the kid doesn’t really know what he’s “shooting” at. Sometimes kids need to hear that they aren’t ready for some things. Going hunting with dad doesn’t necessarily mean you get to kill something!

Comment

If the child wants to claim he shot the animal, have him tag it. If he doesn't the dad should tag it.
                This is assuming the child is close to being able to do it on his own. If the child is say 3 years old then the dad should tag it no matter what.

Comment

Originally posted by ra61hunting View Post
                  Did said 5 yr. old son complete hunters ed. on his own or did paw assist with that part also? Asking for a friend.
                  Please let your friend know that minimum age for certification is 9 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by switchbackxt View Post
                    Please let your friend know that minimum age for certification is 9 years old.
                    Will do. Can kids still hunt without it if accompanied by supervising adult.

Comment

Originally posted by ra61hunting View Post
                      Will do. Can kids still hunt without it if accompanied by supervising adult.
                      Yes

Comment

What if the dad is the only one who can see but he's paralyzed, one kid is the only one with fingers but he's completely paralyzed and deaf otherwise, and he has another kid who is the only one who can hear and move who can aim the gun but he has no fingers, the dad sees the deer, tells the aiming kid to aim the gun then tells the aiming kid to tap the trigger kid to tell him to shoot.

Who tags the deer??
                        Oh my [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post
                          Oh that's just sick.

I'm impressed lol

Comment

who cares?

Comment

Who tags the deer??
                              I have a headache now, thanks

That ain’t even right...but it’s funny tho

Comment

Dan, Dan, Dan

That’s gold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X