What have you done to your Tundras?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just bought a new truck for a hunting rig and need to know what everyone has been doing with their Tundras? Level kits, suspension, wheels and tires, replacement bumper or grill guard??? This is my first Tundra, 2019 SR5 CrewMax. Just went with the regular 4x4, not the TRD, figured I could upgrade all that stuff for cheaper than they charge for it. Has the SR5 upgrade with the bigger tank and nicer console area. Ordered Headwater seat covers today. I’m not real big on getting away from stock, but wouldn’t mind it sitting alittle higher and plan on 275 or 285 tires rather than the 255 stock ones. In your experience is there room for that without doing anything else? Last two hunting rigs were F-150’s and I was able to fit 285s on them with no work. I would really rather have a full replacement bumper on the front instead of a grill guard, easier to mount a tailgate feeder up there. Too much weight for these fronts ends? This will be driven a lot in the highway to and from the ranches, but we hunt some fairly rough country, Palo Duro canyon area so it will do a fair amount of off-roading. Brand new so I don’t want to do anything that will void a warranty. Sorry for all the questions and I appreciate any responses. I know the TBH guys have some badazz trucks so I’m sure someone can help.

Full replacement and put good All terrains on it 275 65 work just fine on just a stock truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

3/2 leveling kit, new wheels and tires, ranch hand grill gaurd, fab four diamond plate rear bumper, stereo system and marathon seat covers

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a stock 2011 with 275/65 with plenty of room. I would like a full replacement too, but have not pulled the trigger. Update with what you decide.

Comment

I bought mine in 2011 and went up one size over factory tires. That’s my only upgrade. Lol. Been a great truck.

Comment

Tires are 295 70 18

Comment

Nothing. Works as is.....

Comment

Put 450k on it!!!!![emoji898][emoji106][emoji898]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by slicktree View Post
                  3/2 leveling kit, new wheels and tires, ranch hand grill gaurd, fab four diamond plate rear bumper, stereo system and marathon seat covers

Awesome truck, thought I saw you today in Cibolo headed toward 35

Comment

On my 2012 Tundra Limited, I’ve done the following

Leveling kit
                    Custom wheels
                    Air bags
                    Ranch hand brush guard & Led bar light
                    Roll up bed cover
                    Rear tail light metal guards
                    Rear bed LED lights
                    Fender flairs
                    Weather tech mats
                    Marathon seat covers

Comment

Mine has a leveling kit I think when I got it. A Retrax bed cover and a swing case. I stuck 33" Toyo MTs on it. 2013 w 107k so far. Hope to get Landrover miles out it!!

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
                        Awesome truck, thought I saw you today in Cibolo headed toward 35
                        You most likely did I was working that area most of the day

Comment

I have a 2016 with a 3/1.5” leveling kit on it. 285 BFGs on it right now but will be going up 305s in a few months. Front Bullnose and Full rear replacement Ranch-hand bumpers. Everything else is stock right now. Been a great truck and will continue to be I’m sure. 77k on it and no issues. Besides a few dents and some punks tried to break in ruing my driver door lock.
                          FYI Toyota’s are hard to break into unless they bust the window. Virtually impossible to pop the lock.

Before and after pics.

Pic from an accident on Tuesday at lunch. Lady was hauling arse in the parking lot and caught the front of my bumper on her right rear panel . Her car got forked up and the bumper has some paint flakes only. Haha

Last edited by txoutdoorsman24; 09-26-2019, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by slicktree View Post

Do you like the seat covers? Were they easy to install?

Comment

Originally posted by texashunter View Post
                              Do you like the seat covers? Were they easy to install?
                              I love the seat covers I think there awesome, I did not install them though. Guy who did my leveling kit said he would install them at no charge since I bought the leveling kit amd rear bumper from him, and said they were a major PITA and wouldn't ever do them again it took 2 guys 4 hours to do the covers.

Comment

Working...
                              X