Hornady black 6.5 Creedmoor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hornady black 6.5 Creedmoor

A buddy just bought a new gun and it shot this ammo very well.
    Is it considered match ammo or is it good for hunting. I couldn’t find anything.

It is match ammo.

Comment

Thanks.
      If anyone has hunted with it, would like to know how it performed?
      Last edited by Kenner97; 01-28-2019, 07:46 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

My cousin killed 2 bucks with it. Both drt, one behind the shoulder the other in the neck, and he said the insides looked like a bomb exploded in there, but no pass through

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
          My cousin killed 2 bucks with it. Both drt, one behind the shoulder the other in the neck, and he said the insides looked like a bomb exploded in there, but no pass through
          Thanks. Going to try out on some pigs this weekend.

Comment

Black 123s in grendel kill deer drt for me. High shoulder with pass throughs.
            Last edited by Walker; 01-29-2019, 09:28 AM.

Comment

I use them exclusively in my 6.5 Grendel SBR and it has worked extremely well on deer and hogs.

Comment

For what it's worth they make more sense in Grendel, where rapid expansion compensates for the low speed. At creedmoor velocity you'll get more stories that include "looks like a bomb went off" as the match bullets disintegrate.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenner97 View Post
                  Thanks. Going to try out on some pigs this weekend.
                  Ive killed a bunch of pigs with the Hornady black 140's, drt or within a few yards.

Comment

I hunt pigs with the Hornady Black in my 6.5 CM LaRue and have had great luck with them. I'm not slinging no ELD-X at a stinkin' pig!

Comment

Originally posted by Balcones_Walker View Post
                      For what it's worth they make more sense in Grendel, where rapid expansion compensates for the low speed. At creedmoor velocity you'll get more stories that include "looks like a bomb went off" as the match bullets disintegrate.
                      I agree. I killed two axis last weekend with my grendel shooting the 123’s.

I believe in the creedmore there is the ELD-x and the ELD-M. Isn’t one for match and one for hunting?

Comment

Originally posted by jnors06 View Post
                        i agree. I killed two axis last weekend with my grendel shooting the 123’s.

I believe in the creedmore there is the eld-x and the eld-m. Isn’t one for match and one for hunting?
                        [ATTACH]944088[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by jnors06 View Post
                          I agree. I killed two axis last weekend with my grendel shooting the 123’s.

I believe in the creedmore there is the ELD-x and the ELD-M. Isn’t one for match and one for hunting?
                          I shoot the 140 gr ELD-M at the range and thin-skinned animals, such as pronghorn and use the 143 gr ELD-X for larger game.

Comment

They work fine! Good luck.

Comment

I killed 4 deer and several large hogs using the Grendel with 123 black ammo just saying. 2 big boars around 200lbs each one was DRT one went 30 yards with a complete pass through.

Comment

Working...
                              X