I want to go Saltwater fishing....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to go Saltwater fishing....

Sorry, search function on my phone is no bueno and can’t access TBH from work computer.

Never been, period. What / where are good recommendations on the TX coast, or, possibly even LA.?

I have NO idea on any targeted species either.

Since I’ve never been, I don’t know what I want or need.

Where to start? More than likely looking for a weekend trip. I’m open, I guess to offshore. I lose my juevos when I’m in water and can’t see my feet, so, wading is probably out [emoji849]

South padre island, good nearshore/offshore fishing in the summer. Pretty much anywhere along the coast will have good fishing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Where are you from? And do you have a boat?

That effects where I'd tell you to fish.

Warning though, once you get into the salt you won't ever want to get out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
        Where are you from? And do you have a boat?

That effects where I'd tell you to fish.

Warning though, once you get into the salt you won't ever want to get out.

Far north Dallas, and , No boat....

Don’t know if this is something I can do on my own, hire an individual or get a small group together

Comment

If you've never gone i would hire a guide. Inshore fishing is fairly cheap. Especially compared to offshore. I'm friends with a great group of guys that guide in galveston. I'm from LA but in central TX now. Haul boat to the coast any chance i get!

Surf fishing all you need is a pole, some shrimp, and hooks. Then hope for luck!

Comment

Noe Garza - Corpus Christi, Tx
            Good guy and always on the eater fish

Comment

Originally posted by mudmauler View Post
              Noe Garza - Corpus Christi, Tx
              Good guy and always on the eater fish

Googled your buddy as I was interested myself and this was one of the first links to pop up. Assuming it's a different Noe Garza from Corpus? lol

Comment

Originally posted by clayg08 View Post
                Far north Dallas, and , No boat....

Don’t know if this is something I can do on my own, hire an individual or get a small group together

I’m in if you want to go, I live in the metroplex. I was raised in South Texas and fished all the time. There is plenty of places to go fish. You can fish from north and south jetties in Port Aransas, packers channel, bob hall pier and The padre island seashore. Plus all the guides in the area.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich1201 View Post
                  Googled your buddy as I was interested myself and this was one of the first links to pop up. Assuming it's a different Noe Garza from Corpus? lol

http://www.kristv.com/story/35904036...n-manslaughter

Wow. Yeah, probably not him.

Comment

If you get a trip together I would be down to go.

Comment

Get a small group together and just have fun with it.

Don't have to spend a lot of money to catch some good fighting and eating fish. Hit just about any beachfront or public pier with dead shrimp or live bait. Right now and more so next month you can easily catch black drum, redfish, sheepshead, and whiting. All good eating fish except for the biggest drum, but they put up a great fight.

Comment

We caught these 3 weeks ago. A 7 man limit in 2 hrs

Comment

Originally posted by Rich1201 View Post

http://www.kristv.com/story/35904036...n-manslaughter
                          that is not the same Noe....

if ya'll need any recommendations PM me. I was guiding out of corpus for the past couple years until the oilfield finally picked back up. fished from corpus to port mansfield for 20 years. I'm not really guiding anymore, but can give you some good contacts.

Comment

Once you start fishing saltwater you’ll never view freshwater the same again 😬
                            I would be in for a group trip!!

Comment

If you want to go, then go. I grew up in Richardson and didn't make it to the Texas coast until I was in my late 30's. Went with a guide in his boat the first time. What did we use? Live shrimp and bass gear. Nothing fancy or high tech. Bass gear, bass line, Kahle or circle hook, swivel and leader if you want, and live shrimp. Other than that, you may want to add a popping cork and you may want to add some weight to the line if birds are getting your shrimp.

Either have an aerator (Mr. Bubbles or whatever it is that Academy sells) and a 5 gallon bucket or one of those containers with holes that you drop into the water. If you go with the latter, make sure you close the lid and it latches (don't ask me how I know). When you buy your shrimp, ask the bait shop guys how to hook it so you don't kill it. Go to a pier or jetty, throw it out and let it swim around until something eats it. Pretty simple really.

At the end of each day, MAKE SURE you rinse your reels in fresh water. The salt is highly corrosive. Also, DON'T LAY YOUR GEAR DOWN IN THE SAND. Again, don't ask me how I know. The beach sand is murder on reels.

Comment

Working...
                              X