Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there an upside to the increase in COVID cases?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there an upside to the increase in COVID cases?

In short - yes.

Yes. (A few months ago I read this doctor's articles and didn't like what he was saying but now I see he was right and he's making a lot of sense here. There is no way we can test 350 Million people and even if we could, why should we?)

Is there an Upside to increasing number of cases?

{{ There's a short video on that link that covers the article, in case you'd rather watch it with graphics. Very informative. }}

Wessam Atif | July 7, 2020
    imperi e d ae d
    Credit: Pixabay
    This article or excerpt is included in the GLP’s daily curated selection of ideologically diverse news, opinion and analysis of biotechnology innovation.

Most countries and models that have attempted to control COVID-19 situation have had one ultimate goal; trying to bring the number of infections below the capacity of the existing health care system, I do believe this is may not be the best approach at the moment, our approach now should be redirecting all our resources and efforts to bring the weak existing healthcare systems to a capacity high enough to contain our patients who need hospitalization.

Unfortunately, we may now be at a stage of exhausted resources that may not allow us the luxury of doing both approaches, and we should only have one indicator to focus on with only one target: keep the fatalities as low as reasonably practicable, or set “Zero Coronavirus Fatalities” as our ultimate goal, which is based on all recent numbers surprisingly achievable (please watch the video for more details).

The answer to the current situation is never to put people under a lockdown or as I like to call it “house arrest”, this just represents the easy way out for weak and unreliable governments trying to hide their inability to strengthen the shallow healthcare systems, which if done properly will not only control the fatalities of the current pandemic but will also help in the future as a solid investment.

Mass testing, contact tracing and isolation have proven to be quite challenging especially once the disease becomes community-based, with very few success stories around the world of countries with low population, rich resources, and countries that started their action quite early or a combination of these.

Such huge resources need to be redirected to the overhaul of health systems and their infrastructure and workforce qualitatively and quantitatively.

The more you lock people down, the more the number of people you have susceptible to the disease, and once you try to open up for sure cases will rise.

In the current situation, more cases may actually be good news because it means more people with some immunity that are not susceptible to infection, minimizing the reproductive number (R0) of Coronavirus till the vaccine arrives.

In fact, even the vaccine may not be the silver bullet, and this is for several reasons including but not limited to cost, the fact that we need around 50 to 60% of the population vaccinated during a limited duration of time, not everyone will accept to take the vaccine, etc.

Redirect your resources to strengthen the healthcare system components, open up your economy with precautions (masks, ventilation, hand washing, etc.) and keep the task force after one target: zero fatalities.

Dr. Wessam Atif is a Philippines-based medical doctor and a public health researcher. Dr. Atif focuses on qualitative research in sanitation, hygiene education and public policy to support governments and policymakers of developing countries to achieve better public health goals.

Someone needs to get this to Abbott and Nim Kidd.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
      Someone needs to get this to Abbott and Nim Kidd.
      Keep dreaming. Abbott is a wet noodle in the wind.

There will be no vaccine. Ever. I don't understand how this is ever a discussion in any paper. We don't have one for AIDS/HIV, and that has been here since the 80's.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
        Keep dreaming. Abbott is a wet noodle in the wind.

There will be no vaccine. Ever. I don't understand how this is ever a discussion in any paper. We don't have one for AIDS/HIV, and that has been here since the 80's.

Exactly!

Even if we do get a shot of some sort it will end up like the flu shot and just a guess on what mutation is coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dr. Bartlett (believe that was his name) said they have already found 200 plus mutations, so one vaccine will not work and likely be less effective than the flu vaccine. But, it would make someone a lot of dinero.

Comment

Isn't that what the article says??

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
            In fact, even the vaccine may not be the silver bullet, and this is for several reasons including but not limited to cost, the fact that we need around 50 to 60% of the population vaccinated during a limited duration of time, not everyone will accept to take the vaccine, etc.

Comment

I was just adding a "X2" to your comment based on something I had heard elsewhere, not challenging your comment.

Comment

ok. Thanks for the clarification.

We need to get our economy going ASAP! Its on life support!

Comment

The best thing about the increase in COVID cases is that it drives down the mortality rate....a lot. If doctors would treat patients early and correctly, then the death rate in the US would not be so high. Like it or not, people are dying in the US due to politics. It’s that simple.

Comment

More cases means closer to this heard immunity idea provided it doesn’t morph into something different yearly like flu

Comment

Originally posted by bmac View Post
                      More cases means closer to this heard immunity idea provided it doesn’t morph into something different yearly like flu

This plus there are perfectly good and almost 100% effective on treating this disease if treated at the first sign of symptoms or diagnosis... No need to be afraid of this any more than the flu. Treatment for this virus is actually easier than treating the flu. Just do a little reading and research and you'll see there are plenty good and effective treatments that work. What has been happening is after diagnosis, everyone is just told to go home and ride it out. If you get real sick, THEN go to the hospital... There are many examples of this right here on the green screen... NO other disease on the planet is treated like that. Every other disease is diagnosed or suspected because of symptoms and treatment is begun immediately... Do the same with the Kung-Flu and it responds extremely well to it.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                        This plus there are perfectly good and almost 100% effective on treating this disease if treated at the first sign of symptoms or diagnosis... No need to be afraid of this any more than the flu. Treatment for this virus is actually easier than treating the flu. Just do a little reading and research and you'll see there are plenty good and effective treatments that work. What has been happening is after diagnosis, everyone is just told to go home and ride it out. If you get real sick, THEN go to the hospital... There are many examples of this right here on the green screen... NO other disease on the planet is treated like that. Every other disease is diagnosed or suspected because of symptoms and treatment is begun immediately... Do the same with the Kung-Flu and it responds extremely well to it.

I bet this virus gets a BIG breakthrough in early November similar to what happened with the protest breakthrough. I have no worries about it and think that it is way overblown for the statistics on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                          The best thing about the increase in COVID cases is that it drives down the mortality rate....a lot. If doctors would treat patients early and correctly, then the death rate in the US would not be so high. Like it or not, people are dying in the US due to politics. It’s that simple.
                          Here is an article on the actual statistics. Obviously most already know this, but the spike in NY is still driving the numbers today. Basically every other state flattened the curve. New York exacerbated it.

https://www.theblaze.com/op-ed/horow...texas-or-ny-nj

Comment

Working...
                          X