Cerakoting shotgun recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone around Houston cerakote the plastic pieces of a Benelli sbe (fore stock and butt stock) I recently had the action and barrel done but they wouldn’t do the non metal parts. Doesn’t look as good as I thought so I’m looking to have the rest done.

Also watching for Houston guy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

X2

Comment

You ever thought about having it dipped?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The process is a high temperature process... It would melt the plastic... You will have to pick another process like dipping or something, maybe even painting.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
            The process is a high temperature process... It would melt the plastic... You will have to pick another process like dipping or something, maybe even painting.

They actually have an air dry cerakote for this purpose. No heat needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

All of it can be coated. Had my m2 done. Not in Houston though. Shop in Austin

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                They actually have an air dry cerakote for this purpose. No heat needed.

Cool! Did not know that. I guess it's a paint process of sorts for that "air dry"...

Yella dog, that gun looks sharp!

Comment

This is incorrect, cerakote works great on polymers and we do it all the time. You just cure it at a lower temperature for longer than you would metal. The only thing you can’t do is rubbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Yelladog View Post
                    All of it can be coated. Had my m2 done. Not in Houston though. Shop in Austin

What shop in Austin did that?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                      What shop in Austin did that?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Black Sheep Arms, give us a call we’re open 10-5

Comment

Try IA Coatings in Houston, they have coated multiple guns for me. They are very good

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by QuackHunter View Post
                          This is incorrect, cerakote works great on polymers and we do it all the time. You just cure it at a lower temperature for longer than you would metal. The only thing you can’t do is rubbers.

Quackhunter, thanks for this information! I may have some work for you on another project I've been wanting to do.
                          I had a shotgun done (the metal external surfaces) and some pistolas. I knew the curing temp was pretty high on them. Didn't realize hard plastics could be done and cured at lower temp!

Comment

Quackhunter, thanks for this information! I may have some work for you on another project I've been wanting to do.
                            I had a shotgun done (the metal external surfaces) and some pistolas. I knew the curing temp was pretty high on them. Didn't realize hard plastics could be done and cured at lower temp!

Yeah if you have any questions feel free to PM me, I work seasonally at Black Sheep Arms our of Austin and we do a ton of polymers and plastics. Cerakote actually adheres better to it than Metal. Small parts as well you can pretty much coat every screw and pin if you want, we do that quite often.

Comment

Originally posted by QuackHunter View Post
                              Black Sheep Arms, give us a call we’re open 10-5

Thanks.

I've got some more beating up to do on my shotgun but cerakote is down the road for sure

Comment

Working...
                              X