Favorite Wood Stock Rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite Wood Stock Rifle

Call me crazy, but I'm partial to wood stocks with blued barrels. I am looking at getting a new one that I can use for Texas whitetail and mule deer and eventually pass down to my kids. What's your favorite for under $1k. I have a Winchester Featherweight 270, which I love, but want to try something different and in a different caliber (308/30-06/7mm08/25-06).

The wife has a Tikka M695 in 25-06, wood with blued everything. Awesome gun.

I've always been partial to Remington 700's. Really like the CDL stocks.

Just happen to have a Model 7 in 7-08 for sale. Has a laminated wood stock.

Comment

I'm a fan of the CZ, and have found online for about $5-600. But, I don't own one.

https://tsswarehouse.com/shop/cz-557...-cz-usa-04808/
      Last edited by MLank; 06-11-2020, 08:12 AM.

Comment

Winchester featherweights are about as classy as it gets. I'd get one in 25-06 if I was you.

Comment

I love my Tikka.

Comment

I love the Savage line of rifles with wood stocks (10/110, 11/111, 14,114). Own several of each model with their original wood stocks with the nice little savage medallion on the bottom of the grip.

The 14’s are as classic as it gets. I’ve got several in blued and stainless. Here is the only pic I have of one of them, stainless not blued but you can get the idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

hard to beat a good woodstock rifle and blued... super sharp looking.

Comment

Another fan of wood stocks.

Comment

I’m a fan of wood stocks & also lever actions. I have a Browning BLR308 that I’ve had for almost 40 years. It’s killed countless deer, pigs, coyotes & 2 elk. I gave both of my kids BLR243’s for graduation presents. Awesome guns!

Comment

M77 heavy barrel varmit 25-06 with red pad and tang safety.

Comment

Ruger No. 1 mannlicher.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ruger.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	24620744

Comment

Weatherby Mark V in .257wby

Comment

Originally posted by Clark View Post
                          Ruger No. 1 mannlicher.

[ATTACH]1006986[/ATTACH]

I’m all about mannlicher stocks!

I’m also a big fan of Weatherby Mark V’s.

Comment

Not going to call you crazy at all. Instead will say “right there with you” for digging wood stocks and blued steel rifles. I’m no stranger to the new rifle itch and understand that feeling, but here’s a thought. I believe you already have the “57 Chevy” of American rifles with that .270 Winchester model 70, the rifle Jack O’Connor often wrote about. Pass that one along with your hunting stories down to your kids. As for your new rifle, any of the calibers you listed will be bolt of lightning kills on Texas deer. Good luck with your search for that new rifle, and post up a pic of it, some of us never get tired of looking at stained wood and blued steel.

Comment

700 CDL and Winchester featherweight are hands down my favorites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X