No announcement yet.

Costa Del Mar Warranty Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, for those asking - yes you do have to send them in. However, right now they confirm or deny your warranty work based on pictures you upload into the portal of the damage. It then gives you options such as replacement or substitution, if you accept this they send you a prepaid shipping label to send the glasses in. There is also no longer a “service fee” for glasses under warranty like there used to be.

Comment

Following……..I've got an older pair with glass lenses. The glass lenses are still fine, but the metal on the frames has corroded; it's pretty ugly for high dollar shades. Is this something that would be covered by their warranty? Thanks

Comment

I just went through this very thing. Sent 3 pairs in and 1 was 580G green mirror which they didn’t offer as a replacement. I called before I accepted one of the offers and was told you need to accept an offer and print the shipping label. After that you could call and make a change.
        I called 2x’s and could never get through. I tried the chat that sucked too. Sent 2 emails and finally after the 2nd not so nice email they responded. They put ahold on that replacement until they verified what I wanted.
        From the email they seem to understand what I wanted. We will see when they actually get returned.
        I much prefer the old system than the way they are doing it now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

good luck - I've had prescription Costas and the warranty as well as they're customer service department was useless. I'm guessing it's a different game on stock Costas possibly.

Comment

I have not sent any in in last year but will be soon. They always seem to just send a new pair with same glass. If they don't make the frame anymore they usually give me choices but I get glass for glass- plastic for glass is no Bueno.

Comment

Just my experience the warranty department isn't as relaxed as it once was.

Also just my experience the plastic lens are garbage. The glass is the only way to go.

Comment

They sold out .. new ownership revised the warranty policy.. I got a pair in March.. I wore the glasses 3 times .. they still had the white lettering inside saying what style they were.. one day I was visiting with my neighbor and the lense split in half.. didn't drop them or anything.. i sent in the pictures etc... they wrote back saying they weren't liable and would gladly replace them for 187 bucks.. lmao .. i actually got a email this morning saying the offer expired. No more Costas for me..

Comment

I broke a lens on my Brines. Was wanting to send them in and get lenses replaced, willing to pay for both lenses. That said they could not replace in email. I called took forever to get in touch with them. Was told not repairable. But you still sell the Brines, not repairable. So I ordered replacement lenses from Revant. This will be my last pair of Costa’s. This all happened last week.

Comment

Originally posted by Dc78 View Post
                    I broke a lens on my Brines. Was wanting to send them in and get lenses replaced, willing to pay for both lenses. That said they could not replace in email. I called took forever to get in touch with them. Was told not repairable. But you still sell the Brines, not repairable. So I ordered replacement lenses from Revant. This will be my last pair of Costa’s. This all happened last week.
                    Mine were brines too .

Comment

Originally posted by Dc78 View Post
                      I had the exact experience today. They would not repair my lens but they did offer a 30% off coupon if I order online through them.

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
                        They sold out .. new ownership revised the warranty policy.. I got a pair in March.. I wore the glasses 3 times .. they still had the white lettering inside saying what style they were.. one day I was visiting with my neighbor and the lense split in half.. didn't drop them or anything.. i sent in the pictures etc... they wrote back saying they weren't liable and would gladly replace them for 187 bucks.. lmao .. i actually got a email this morning saying the offer expired. No more Costas for me..

Correct. Coata used to be independent and had great products and warranties.

Costa was about first bought by Essilor four years ago, who is one of the largest prescription lens manufacturers in the world. Two years ago Essilor merged with Luxottica, the largest frame manufacturer in the world; who also owns Oakley, Ray Ban, Oliver People’s, ect...

This conglomerate also owns Eyemed, one of the top vision “insurance” companies in the US, and owns Lenscrafters, Sunglass Hut, Pearl Vision and a few other retail chains.

It used to be that they were just a difficult company to deal with on a wholesale level, but now that they are completely vertically integrated they don’t try to take care of the end consumer like they once did. **** shame.

Comment

I am in the market for new glasses now. What is everyone going to now? I like a lot of the Oakley stuff but their fishing street cred isn't where it needs to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Man View Post
                            I had the exact experience today. They would not repair my lens but they did offer a 30% off coupon if I order online through them.
                            Is your model currently available still?
                            It sounds like the representatives aren't doing what they are supposed to. That 30% off is supposed to be for replacements, not for repairs. It states on their website lens repairs are $80 for stuff not covered by warranty effective 4/1/2020.

Comment

Originally posted by DKirk View Post
                              You didn’t have to send them in? In my experience they’ve replaced mine like for like or close to it.
                              this is my experience as well... they sent me a new pair that was pretty much the same thing I had. all I had to pay was like $30.

Comment

Originally posted by KyleW View Post
                                Is your model currently available still?
                                It sounds like the representatives aren't doing what they are supposed to. That 30% off is supposed to be for replacements, not for repairs. It states on their website lens repairs are $80 for stuff not covered by warranty effective 4/1/2020.

https://www.costadelmar.com/us/en/re...-04012020.html
                                I have not checked the website today for my model, I only wanted to repair the lens for $80. They said In an email the model and replacement part was not available and offered a 30% off coupon for replacement.

Comment

Working...
                                X