No announcement yet.

Smallest Property Hunted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hunt 15 acres in San Jacinto county and have had success doing so. I’ve heard of people bow hunting 5 acres plots and doing well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

1/4 Acre lot I used to own.... shot a nice 12 point off of it.

Comment

9 acres. The place was a honey hole, you never knew what was going to come through. Between several buddies and myself we killed about 2 dozen axis, half a dozen or so blackbucks, several WT, a red hind, and one sika buck all in 3 years. We were all pretty sad to see that place go.

Comment

10 acres for me.

Comment

Buck in my avatar came off a 20 acre place. I do have a couple thousand acre place right next door that is mostly pasture land. With the 20 acre place being all grown up, it acts like a sanctuary for them.

Comment

I hunt 13 acres and do pretty well. It is a travel corridor between 3 big properties. Unfortunately they all hunt as well with big families and stands on the fence line. However, they don't really bowhunt so gives me October to get it done. Rifle season is pretty tough but occasionally kill a big buck searching for hot does.

Good luck, I bet it is going to be a good place

Comment

42 acres and shot my biggest free-range buck off of it. Hope to shot an even bigger Deer this coming year if everything works out. it's not about how much, it's about location.

Comment

Me personally 8acres.

I just got on a lease and the neighbor is literally hunting a 1/3acre triangle setup with a box stand and a feeder next to the railroad tracks. Not even sure thats legal as the chance for projectile and animal retrieval trespass are extremely high.

Comment

I have hunted and still do, a 8ac lot in city limits that I have taken about 12 free range Axis off of, and I have a 6.5ac plot that has produced some decent whitetails and a few Axis and exotics. All of the neighbors are great and onboard.

Comment

28 ac

Comment

I've successfully bow hunted on 12 acres. The place I own now is 16 1/2 ac and I take 4-6 deer every year off of the place btwn myself and my brother & family.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasLongball View Post
                          I thought I heard somewhere that 10 acres is minimum to hunt. I’ve always wondered if there was truth to that. Hopefully someone can clarify.
                          I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that a county could restrict hunting on properties less than 10 acres and that some have but not most.

Comment

one of the coolest places I used to hunt was a place my buddy had that was only 25 acres that butted up to sugar tree golf course always had 10-20 deer when the feeder went off and some real good ones to hunt for

Comment

Originally posted by SB09 View Post
                              42 acres and shot my biggest free-range buck off of it. Hope to shot an even bigger Deer this coming year if everything works out. it's not about how much, it's about location.

Toad!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                                I use to hunt in my neighbors garden. It was about a 1/4 acre
                                Winner!...so far.

Ive killed on 1.3, 1.6, and 1.9ac. Get traditional close and use a string tracker.

If youre a sniper with the bow and arrow...the best shot is a spine shot just in front of the hind quarters...it will drop and flop...and bleed out in less than half an hour. Consider that spine shot broadhead a burner unless its something like an Iron Will.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X