Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inherited a Few older guns (Information, Value)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
    Does your dad have any guns for sale?

The way he values stuff I think I would be a buyer

Seriously though, those guns are priceless no matter what the Blue Book says
    No kidding.

Comment

That Remington 1903, the Browning and the Remington pump, I would like to have, mostly the 1903. That Browning is very nice. I love 1100s, but have more shotguns than I need.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
        That Remington 1903, the Browning and the Remington pump, I would like to have, mostly the 1903. That Browning is very nice. I love 1100s, but have more shotguns than I need.

Old .22’s are my weakness. I have seen them at gun shows, and would put it up there with some of the best in snap I have seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Bad Bass View Post
          On the 1903, does the Model and address rollmark look shallow on one end or is that reflection. If so it is probably a sign of a re- blue and a lesser value.
          Yep, I thought the same thing, looks restored, which hurts the value. But the gun sure looks nice.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
            Yep, I thought the same thing, looks restored, which hurts the value. But the gun sure looks nice.
            Ya, I am going to take it to someone eventually. Like I said they have been sitting in the closet for 50+ years. Never even knew he had them until he passed away. Back in a corner in his closet. My dad shot them as a kid and said the .22 was shot maybe once that he remembers. So to think he got it restored would shock me for sure. But, didnt even think about it be restored, but anything is possible. He was not a hunter what so ever, in his young days 20's he hunted.

Comment

The semi auto .22 looks like a model 63, Great gun. You can go on Gunbroker, Guns America, Guns International or look on Collectors Firearms website, get a general idea what they are worth. Collectors will be high but you can see values.

Hopefully there is no fine rust or pitting from being in those cases.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzsaw View Post
                The semi auto .22 looks like a model 63, Great gun. You can go on Gunbroker, Guns America, Guns International or look on Collectors Firearms website, get a general idea what they are worth. Collectors will be high but you can see values.

Hopefully there is no fine rust or pitting from being in those cases.

Well the 63 looks identical. But This one is a Remington 1903. No putting or rusting in any of the guns. They are still in the original cases he bought when he purchased new lol. Old school red interiors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

those are awesome for sure! i love that you have already decided they are going to the next generation. i hate hearing stories of family treasures like old guns getting sold breaks my heart. good on you sir!

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper View Post
                    You can look up the serial number on both of those shotguns to get the date they were manufactured

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                    Thanks I was able to find the Browing.

1971 Light Twelve

Comment

That light 12 would fetch 750-850 imo.

Comment

Thanks everybody.

The last gun the pump .22 is a 1928 Remington Model 12, .22LR.

Date Code RW Serial #474667

Not worth much, but still old cool .22.

Only one left is the top .22.

Comment

1903's just don't bring as much as the 63 unfortunately & agree about the refinish...

Comment

Working...
                          X