Best BBQ in Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
    If you think there's witchcraft involved, you're over thinking it.
    Could be overthinking it. The first time in 40 years of smoking meat I actually used a thermometer. Had to go buy one.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
      fify

Comment

Not saying it’s the best in Texas, but Best Quality Meats in Temple is really good.

Terry Blacks is my go to in Austin and is almost double the price but not anywhere near double the taste.

They aren’t open on weekends.

Comment

Had the chance to go to 2M in San Antonio today. It was fantastic. I have been to almost all the big dogs around the state and top to bottom, this was my favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
            I just stopped at blacks in Lockhart, one of the worsts plates of bbq I have ever had. All the meat was at least a minimum of 1 day old if not older. Even if it was fresh I don’t think it would have mattered. I had to force down about half of it just because I paid so much for it.
            HORRIBLE!! They should be ashamed to put that crap on a plate with their reputation.

Also sauce sucked, sides sucked!!
            We had the same exact experience a couple summers ago on our way to the Frio River. Too many other options to give Blacks another try anytime soon. Coach

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
              Had the chance to go to 2M in San Antonio today. It was fantastic. I have been to almost all the big dogs around the state and top to bottom, this was my favorite.

My thoughts exactly! Finally made it down there after having it on my must try list for 2 years. It did not disappoint. My boys and I had a sample of just about everything. It was all good to great. Coach

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
                On a serious note, I'm going to give brisket one more chance to shine. I'm also going to smoke the flat and point separately. Basically, cut it in half and pull the flat when it ready and let the point ride until it's ready. That should take some of the witchcraft out of it.
                [emoji2357][emoji2357]

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

This thread got me again. May have to stop by 407 BBQ on my way home...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I can guarantee it is not Coopers in Mason. I have tried it three times and it sucked each time. The second time it was so bad I threw it out in the yard at camp and it was still there when I left two days later untouched.

Comment

Panther City and Dayne’s in FTW are really good!

Comment

May have been mentioned, but does anyone know anything about Tejas Chocolate Factory in Tomball? I've heard from a couple of coworkers that they have good BBQ.

Comment

Dickey's...end of story

Comment

Coopers in Llano and Hutchins in McKinney have been my favorite. I've eaten at a majority of the places listed. I think it definitely comes down to preference. For me, I like Hutchins because it's the east texas style bbq (sweet sauce). Coopers is much different tasting. Kinda like comparing apples to oranges.

Rudy's and Hard Eight are completely overrated. I can't believe they made the thread....

Comment

Originally posted by Lawhunter View Post
                              Dickey's...end of story
                              That would definitely be the end of the story, cause all the others would've had to have gone outta bitness.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                                May have been mentioned, but does anyone know anything about Tejas Chocolate Factory in Tomball? I've heard from a couple of coworkers that they have good BBQ.
                                It is good.

Comment

Working...
                                X