Was it cold enough to gel diesel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
    Mine didn’t gel when it was -3° wind chill at New Year’s weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Wind chill doesn't effect fuel gelling. Just something to keep in mind.

I've been treating all my fuel with stanadyne winter 1000, then again I live in South Dakota. It's cheap insurance and keeps me rolling. Coldest ambient temp I've started at so far is -27 and it just turned over a little longer then usual before firing up.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BTGuard View Post
      Wind chill doesn't effect fuel gelling. Just something to keep in mind.

I've been treating all my fuel with stanadyne winter 1000, then again I live in South Dakota. It's cheap insurance and keeps me rolling. Coldest ambient temp I've started at so far is -27 and it just turned over a little longer then usual before firing up.

I know. Air temp was 5-6°.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Does anyone know what temp fuel is typically blended to for you guys down south? It's like pulling teeth trying to find out what stations have for blends.

Comment

I use the power service diesel fuel supplement. I was worried last night since I had to work all night and couldn’t plug my truck in. Started right up in the morning just cycled the ignition 2 or three times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My ol dura max cranked right up didn't even have it plug up

Comment

I think the newer ones it’s not a problem until it’s gets really cold like sub zero, I had a 96 dodge and if you didn’t plug it in under 40 it would start!

Comment

My 6.7 work truck gelled yesterday morning. Had it facing north with nothing blocking the wind. Wouldn't crank, plugged block heater In for an hour still nothing. Tool a heat lamp and put it on the engine fuel filter. Five minutes later fired up and ran rough for a bit. Got some fuel treatment and filled up, ran good but check engine light was on. Pulled codes had P0087, low fuel rail pressure. I guess it just gelled up around the engine block and not in the tank. Cleared code and all is well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SpearChunkaa View Post
                  My ol dura max cranked right up didn't even have it plug up
                  It had extra power for the starter since most of the electronics are disabled

Comment

I plug in my Hybrid 7.3 so the heater warms up faster..........LOL

Comment

I have been super busy with work and just now had a chance to get my truck sorted out.I had looked at every youtube video and decided it could easily be one of a dozen things. Rather than just guessing and replacing a bunch of expensive parts I had it towed to the shop. After a bunch of testing he finally determined that the TS 6 position chip was faulty. he found a couple of other minor things that I tiold him to address while it was there, but the no start was 100% the chip. I never expected that and probably never would have found it.

Comment

Working...
                      X