Bagwell-Hall of Fame?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bagwell-Hall of Fame?

We'll find out today at 2:00. He deserves it for sure, but I think he'll fall just shy of the 75% needed this year. One could argue that he's in the top three first baseman of all time. This guy was all around one of the top 5 players in the majors for 10 years. His career was basically done at 34 because if a degenerative shoulder, and playing 2/3 of his career in the astrodome didn't help. Yet he still put up crazy numbers.
    Last edited by Tx.Fisher; 01-06-2016, 10:04 AM.

He was Awsome for sure

Comment

I got to hang out with him a lot at my previous job and he is a really nice guy and deserves to be inducted.

Comment

Love the Astros and Jeff Bagwell, but not sure he makes it this time around.

If he's lumped with the steroid era guys, he may not at all, even though there's no proof he did anything wrong.

Comment

he should be...but if they gave a shoe-in like biggio the run around for a couple years... don't see how they wont do him the same way

Comment

With the votes that had been made public as of this morning, he was st 80.9%...... I say he squeaks in this year. I certainly hope he does, he more than deserves it.

If not this year though, he easily makes it in next year, his %'s have been creeping up every year

Comment

Unfortunately being a nice guy wont get him in. He was good, really good and will probably make it in after a couple votes. Im not sure he is a top 3 all time, maybe not even top 10 all time first baseman.

Lou Gehrig, Eddie Murray, Harmon Killebrew, Pujols, Willey McCovey...to name a couple would be well in front of him in my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                he should be...but if they gave a shoe-in like biggio the run around for a couple years... don't see how they wont do him the same way
                They have been giving him the run around, for 5 years, since this is his sixth on the ballot

Comment

Like most Houston fans, I grew up watching him. He was so fun to watch. There will never be another Jeff Bagwell!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffJ View Post

Lou Gehrig, Eddie Murray, Harmon Killebrew, Pujols, Willey McCovey...to name a couple would be well in front of him in my opinion
                    Murray and Pujols have played DH for a part of their careers, not full time first baseman. Yes I'd give the nod to Gehrig and McCovey over Bagwell. Look at Killebrew's numbers to Bagwell, very comparable. Bagwell was a little more complete player. How many first basemen steal 30 bases and 40 home runs in a season. Bagwell is one.
                    Last edited by Tx.Fisher; 01-06-2016, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Hope he gets in.....Loved watching him play

Comment

Hope to see him get in! I'd love to go to the ceremony and see him and my boy KGJ get inducted!!

Comment

I hope he gets in! I think he deserves it.

Comment

Early reports show him getting 80%. I hope that holds up. I always liked him. He was in the steroid era but never was there proof he used any

Comment

What's the votes/percentage needed to get in?

Comment

Working...
                              X