No announcement yet.

Lease guest policy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it all depends on what the goals are. Generally though the member should be responsible for what the guest does.

Comment

No guest

Comment

Guest hunt off member's allotment, only 1 open stand may be used per membership on a day at a first-come-first-serve basis. Member is responsible for all actions and fines by individuals on the lease under their membership, spouse/kids <21 (or active duty military) are not guests, member or member's spouse must be present on lease while kids are on the premises. If a guest is behaving in a manner in which they are asked to leave the lease, the member's membership is up for review, during which time the member will forfeit access to the lease until a formal decision is made.

***Guests are a great asset as many become members as openings occur. Their involvement allows members the opportunity to get to know them and see if they are a fit with our membership.

Comment

Our guest policy is spouse and children under 21.... If a member is not married, we would let him bring a girlfriend. Guest can only hunt if a member is present in the stand and anything harvested goes towards members quota. The member is held accountable for their guests actions.

This can be a very touchy subject for some. Some of the biggest problems I've seen with leases over the years, were having something to do with guests.

Comment

Thanks again for the information guys. I am not from Texas so this is my first lease. I often enjoy the offseason work and brotherhood as much as the hunt. It's nice to know what others are doing. Keep it coming!

Comment

Ours is no guest allowed, except family member living at home and under 18....

Comment

Originally posted by Jamerendino View Post
                I'm am trying to educate myself on how other leases operate and regulate their guest policies. Please let me know your rules regarding length of stay, bag limits, stand choice or usage, whether the guest can hunt alone in blind and other general information regarding this policy.

For example my lease has an unlimited guest or family length of stay policy. They shoot off your allocated lease bag limits. Can hunt any stand on property (given member doesn't choose first).

Thanks,
                Pretty much is what ours is, but the only guests are spouse and children.

Comment

No guest opening weekend. Hunt off of your tags and out of your stands unless given permission to hunt another members stand. No limitations of type of family but just had to be family and with in reason of how often they come down.

I have been on leases before that had very vague guest policies and when I would take someone with me, others would b***h. But when rolls reversed, it was cool. Double standards is what made me leave those places.

Comment

Guests are allowed in camp all year. One guest at a time-common sense (guest do not count if family), they hunt your stands, they are your responsibility, they shoot off of your allotment, if they mess up it is to be treated just as if you personally had made the mistake-no exception.

BE CAREFUL OF THE ABILITIES OF THE PERSON YOU ALLOW TO BE YOUR GUEST AND THE SKILLS TO HUNT ONLY YOUR TARGETED ANIMALS.

Comment

guest policy on one of the places I hunt....

ABSOLUTELY NO GUESTS ALLOWED AT ALL. Rule does not apply to everyone equally

Comment

Guest allowed whenever to hunt wherever but shoot off your tags.. No one really brings anyone besides a family member here and there..

Comment

Ours allow guest, they shoot of the members allotment, hunt in the members assigned area, member has to be on the lease but not in the stand with guest. Only one guest per member during the hunt.

Comment

No guests except immediately family until after Dec.1st. Guests and family members hunt off of lease members quota except all mature 8 pts are free. Hip pocket rule. Guest must be accompanied by the member.
                            We are 5 deer county so there is always plenty to go around.

Comment

There's no way I would allow a guest to sit in the stand without me, unless I was DANG sure they could judge deer correctly. Can you imagine your guest shooting an illegal or off limits deer? You'd never hear the end of it

Comment

no guest except for wife and kids. they have to sit with paying member. shoot off your tags.

Comment

Working...
                                X