Scent thief successes and failures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scent thief successes and failures

Anyone have some good stories of their Scent Thief use? I will be hunting this weekend and it looks like my wind will be horrible so I am going to be drenched in this stuff... So, any stories of what to do or not do is appreciated!

Pro tip: Dont forget to swish a little bit around in your mouth like mouthwash.

Comment

Don’t hunt the wrong wind. They will smell you.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
        Don’t hunt the wrong wind. They will smell you.

Lol, true but easier said then done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I use it. Never been busted that I know of. Of course I always hunt the wind. However, I can say I’ve hunted an unfavorable crosswind and don’t believe I got busted. At least with hogs and does. I guess it works. But yes wind in your face is always the best ! Safe hunting JJ

Comment

I have killed some big deer using it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde28 View Post
              Pro tip: Dont forget to swish a little bit around in your mouth like mouthwash.
              had my 9 year old do this with dead down wind on opening weekend...

Comment

I used it in Kansas two weeks ago for the first time. Recommended by a good friend. On 2 separate occasions I had mature does walk in up to 5 yards away, downwind and did not wind me. Both smelled and licked noses for at least 4-5 min. they seemed to smell something, but did not alarm them. They walked away and went back to feeding. did not startle them. I wish with I had it on film. would be been a great review. I was frozen since they were so close, but they definitely smelled something, just did not alarm them . Made me a believer. Just my experience.
                Last edited by WilliamL; 10-16-2019, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Great stuff y’all! Thanks for commenting!

Comment

I've seen more Public land deer with it than without. 'bout as far as I can testify to.

Comment

just bought 6 bottles

Comment

Originally posted by haas0311 View Post
                        Lol, true but easier said then done!

Actually,it really is that easy. Don’t hunt a stand with the wrong wind. Have different options/stands for different wind directions!

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
                          Actually,it really is that easy. Don’t hunt a stand with the wrong wind. Have different options/stands for different wind directions!
                          With this mindset, you would need 4 stands for every feeder so no matter what, the wind won't play a factor. There are also limitations on size of property and blind/stand locations.. So it is easier said than done.

Comment

To all the people that preach “hunt the wind” which I try but more times than not the wind swirls this is especially true With archery equipment. How do you deal with that? Just not hunt?
                            Last edited by Jcjohnson; 10-17-2019, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by haas0311 View Post
                              With this mindset, you would need 4 stands for every feeder so no matter what, the wind won't play a factor. There are also limitations on size of property and blind/stand locations.. So it is easier said than done.
                              Totally agree here. hunting the wind is great and all but only under perfect conditions. Hell id never get to hunt it’s rarely perfect

Comment

Working...
                              X