Anniversary present ideas please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anniversary present ideas please.

50 years next May. Yes she stuck with me this long!

We plan on our first cruise and it will be to Alaska, but I need ideas on a gift for my bride. Give me your best ideas/suggestions!

50 is all about GOLD!!!! Kongrats as you married a SAINT!!!
    Deaux a google search for 50th gifts and ideas.........the cruise will be nice also.

Comment

I look up traditional and modern gift for each year !
      Makes it easy

Comment

Congratulations - how wonderful to have reached that milestone!! Gold is the traditional gift for 50yrs and women do love jewelry. So if you have an idea of what kind of jewelry she likes, it’ll be something she can wear on the cruise and anytime afterward! Could even be an upgrade on her wedding ring/Diamond or a new setting? I will say when my grandparents made it to their 50yr Anniversary, they didn’t buy each other a gift - instead they renewed their vows by having a wedding in the same church they got married in 50yrs prior with a wedding reception immediately following. It was an AMAZING day and filled with all of their family and friends. I still have the VCR tape of it and the videographer interviewed them on how they met and fell in love, stories from their life and then interviewed family and friends for well wishes and more stories about them. I cherish the time we spent that day. It’s wonderful being able to have that now that they have both passed on and even my children have seen it. Definitely a special day and special way to celebrate.
        Last edited by Bellavita; 09-08-2022, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bellavita View Post
          Congratulations - how wonderful to have reached that milestone!! Gold is the traditional gift for 50yrs and women do love jewelry. So if you have an idea of what kind of jewelry she likes, it’ll be something she can wear on the cruise and anytime afterward! Could even be an upgrade on her wedding ring/Diamond or a new setting? I will say when my grandparents made it to their 50yr Anniversary, they didn’t buy each other a gift - instead they renewed their vows by having a wedding in the same church they got married in 50yrs prior with a wedding reception immediately following. It was an AMAZING day and filled with all of their family and friends. I still have the VCR tape of it and the videographer interviewed them on how they met and fell in love, stories from their life and then interviewed family and friends for well wishes and more stories about them. I cherish the time we spent that day. It’s wonderful being able to have that now that they have both passed on and even my children have seen it. Definitely a special day and special way to celebrate.

Thank you. A wonderful idea and something I have thought about, renewing our vows.

Comment

I have seen your skills in erecting pagodas in your back yard. I hear the nights there can be enjoyed by outside dining. I know my wife loves her nest very much. Anything I do to make it better has always scored me big points. Kelly and I are only behind you two by 30 years. I hope we make it as long as the two of you have. Congratulations.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
              Thank you. A wonderful idea and something I have thought about, renewing our vows.
              I think that would be the best gift of all and most meaningful for both of you 50yrs is a big deal and deserves to be celebrated with family and friends!

Comment

Working...
              X