Anyone else getting tired of mowing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else getting tired of mowing

I love yard work. I’m ready come March to go all in on my 5 acres. Keep sprinklers going, fertilize, herbicide…all in. BUT every year around Sept 1, I have had enough. Mowed this afternoon and thought about driving the kubota off in the pond and buying a couple goats. I guess the good news is I’m on the downhill slide.

Yes, down in south Louisiana we can’t catch a break. Mowing thick st Augustine every five days for the past 3 months. Been a good workout for my elk hunt since I push mow, but getting tired of it now.

Comment

With the drought we've been through, I think I've only mowed 4-5 time this year.

Comment

Originally posted by jaspermac View Post
        I love yard work. I’m ready come March to go all in on my 5 acres. Keep sprinklers going, fertilize, herbicide…all in. BUT every year around Sept 1, I have had enough. Mowed this afternoon and thought about driving the kubota off in the pond and buying a couple goats. I guess the good news is I’m on the downhill slide.
        I have no sympathy for anyone that waters their yard then complains about mowing.

Comment

I got tired of mowing years ago, did enough to last 10 lifetimes when I was younger as a commercial business and I got burned out bad but it paid the bills. On 6 acres and haven’t cut it myself in 5 years. 54” JD ZT in the garage I’ve been telling myself just sell it for years but still haven’t.

Comment

The best money I spend every week is the money I pay my yard guy

Comment

Originally posted by Let's go Brandon! View Post
              With the drought we've been through, I think I've only mowed 4-5 time this year.
              Same here. But now that it rained had to mow today. Last time I mowed was early July.

Comment

Mowed today for the first time since June…….

Comment

Yes, I use a push mower on a little less than 1 acre. I'm tired

Comment

Plant Growth Regulators are easy to find from your local landscape supply house like ewing. work really well for the apartment complexes with shrubs that I take care of. They work with grass as well, but it gets expensive. Probably cheaper than hiring a lawn company to mow your yard. Just need to apply and don't forget spreader sticker.

Comment

Nope, I love it. I haven’t mowed near as much this year due to the drought & mowers in the shop. Cut some yesterday & today.

We’re supposed to get more rain this week, after it passes I’ll start on the pastures.

Only mowed them once this year so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I finally got enough rain and grass growth to mow around the house yesterday and I thoroughly enjoyed it! I mow 5.5 acres and never get tired of mowing, but wish I had more time to do it correctly and stay on top of it.

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
                          The best money I spend every week is the money I pay my yard guy
                          Me too. I just drink a beer(s) and watch him sweat his *** off.

Comment

I don't mow. I hate it. It's like shaving your face. It's just gonna grow back.....leave it be. I dang sure don't water it to make it grow faster. My yard I mean. I water my face. Haven't noticed a considerable amount of beard growth.

Comment

Sounds like me every hay season. Fired up to see what the 1st cutting does by the End of the year I’m ready for it to be over. All tho this year I am so thankful to be cutting again soon as we missed a whole cutting due to drought.

Comment

Working...
                              X