Crazy low miles.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crazy low miles.

What would yall consider "low miles" for a 2011 model pick up?

My FIL is getting on up in years (nearing 80) and decided he don't need a truck (never really did) anymore. He has literally hauled NOTHING in the bed.

He wants a car now cause it's easier to get in.

His truck is a 2011 x-cab chevy 2wd V-8 with 11,000 miles !

I'm buying it for a 3rd vehichle/daily driver.

He's also selling his same year Kawasaki motorcycle too. Says he ain't rode it but a couple times this summer. Has <1k mi on it, lol. I have no need for it.

I mean, he drove it basically 1,000 miles a year? I can do that in 2 weeks going to work

Comment

My grandpa bought his last truck in 2003. He died is March 2021 and truck had 31k and some change on it. Basically just drove to the bank every morning to drink coffee with the old timers and the occasional trip to Tractor Supply.

Comment

I would definitely call that low mileage! I helped my now 94 year old mother buy a new Toyota back in 2007. Last time I checked it has about 22,000 miles on it. 15 years worth of driving to church, the post office and the grocery store.

Comment

Buddy has a 93 cobra with about 16k on, still smells new

Comment

He must have pushed it out of the garage to wash it!! LOL...

Comment

1k a year! That’s going to town 2-3 times a month and nothing more

Comment

My 2021 has 37K on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Long haul

Originally posted by Mitchell8 View Post
                  1k a year! That’s going to town 2-3 times a month and nothing more
                  He lives in town. 1/2 mi from Tom Thumbs & 1/2 mi from Braums (his "go to's" for shopping).

He racked most of those miles up driving the 25mi to my house! And he had his late wife's Buick for the 1st few years.
                  Last edited by 12ring; 07-27-2022, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Cars are easier to get into...but harder to get up out of. My wife is looking at a mid-sized SUV for that very reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      Cars are easier to get into...but harder to get up out of. My wife is looking at a mid-sized SUV for that very reason.
                      Absolutely—my mom wanted a new car a couple years ago and I convinced her to get a mid size suv and her and my dad love it. So much easier for them to get in and out of as they get older

Comment

Have a 64 Chevy pickup in the driveway with 55k original miles.

Comment

Dad has a 2007 Chevy 2500. Last I checked it had 88k on it.

My 2021 has 48k.

Comment

When my aunt died 5 years ago her 2001 S10 pickup had 8,000 miles on it.

Comment

January 1st every year we have an oil change party. My 3 vehicles have a total of 12K new miles.

Getting older you drive way less. Had to jump the Tundra today to get it to the paint store...

Comment

Working...
                              X