We Need A Law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We Need A Law

We need a law that if it can be proved, by video or other means, that a person tossed a cigarette from a vehicle, they could be charged with attempted arson and if that cigarette caused a fire then charged with arson and prosecuted to the maximum that the law allows.
    I’m so sick and tired of these stinking jerks that don’t give a rats azz about anybody or anything else but themselves.

Got to spent the afternoon yesterday helping my in-laws and VFD fight a fire that almost took their place. Fire started on the side of the road right in front of their pasture. Yeah I can’t prove that it was a cigarette but considering the location it’s a real good indicator.

On a side note, all you guys and gals that are volunteer firefighters, y’all are my hero’s. Thank you for what you do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driving in on I-20 in the dark most mornings I'm shocked at how many little glowing missiles I see flying out of car windows. It's always stupid but in these conditions you are right - it's downright criminal!

Comment

There are laws about it.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
        Driving in on I-20 in the dark most mornings I'm shocked at how many little glowing missiles I see flying out of car windows. It's always stupid but in these conditions you are right - it's downright criminal!
        I hate them so bad that I want to beat them. Stupid, stupid people.

Comment

I agree anyone tossing cigs is a feminine hygiene product. We have enough laws, just enforce them. We do t need more government ever

Comment

See it all the time.

Comment

I'm sorry that y'all had to put up with that garbage. I agree with your premise but I can't believe that there will be a law charging arson or attempted arson. Proof of intent would be necessary and nearly impossible. I do know that the cig man can get nailed for careless or negligence as long as there is a witness or photo/video. BTW, I'm not a smoker other than the occasional cigar at deer camp.
              You do realize that broken glass on the side of the road has started fires in the past?

Comment

Originally posted by Phorizt View Post
                There are laws about it.

I’ve seen people charged with starting fires by welding or burning trash and brush but not for tossing a butt.

Comment

They thump a cig out the window...
                  And they're 5 miles down the road, before it flares into a full blown flame up.
                  And they never know, they started it...
                  The only thing that's gonna help stop it....
                  Is plate numbers.. And serious time out. !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                    I'm sorry that y'all had to put up with that garbage. I agree with your premise but I can't believe that there will be a law charging arson or attempted arson. Proof of intent would be necessary and nearly impossible. I do know that the cig man can get nailed for careless or negligence as long as there is a witness or photo/video. BTW, I'm not a smoker other than the occasional cigar at deer camp.
                    You do realize that broken glass on the side of the road has started fires in the past?
                    I know, I’m just ranting. But the majority of all grass fires that I’ve seen have always started at a roadside and with all the butt tossers I’ve seen, I’m pretty convinced that they are the culprits.

Comment

We each need to get a free pass where we get to use a taser on someone once every 3 months or so.

Issue is the people who smoke cigs still and toss them carelessly out car windows are highly likely the ones with zero money. Fine them and they just don't pay.

Comment

Originally posted by dosrobles View Post
                        I agree anyone tossing cigs is a feminine hygiene product. We have enough laws, just enforce them. We do t need more government ever
                        I hear you. I’m pretty much a less government and let’s enforce the laws on the books kinda guy but this is really a frustrating thing.

Comment

I understand your rage. It’s scary dry here

I understand sparks from chains dragging starts a few too
                          Hard to imagine but that’s from VFW people here.

BTW those showers in the back of those photos is beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
                            I understand your rage. It’s scary dry here

I understand sparks from chains dragging starts a few too
                            Hard to imagine but that’s from VFW people here.

BTW those showers in the back of those photos is beautiful.
                            It was tough to see those showers. They were out by Graham I think. Glad someone was getting some rain.

Comment

Start at the source - ban cig smokers!

Comment

Working...
                              X