High fence axis problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High fence axis problem

hi - We own a 300 acre high fence in South Louisiana with dozens of Axis, Fallow and Whitetail. The Axis deer are impossible to kill. Can anyone suggest ways to hunt them? They are nocturnal at the feeders. Spot and stalk is nearly impossible. To thick, wet, they hear you coming, etc. What about road feeding corn like guys do in texas?? We even put timed feeders out but they still don't come in daylight. Must be eating natural browse? thx!!

Can you hunt them at night with feeder lights? we have done that in Texas

Comment

Cantaloupe, Sweet Feed, Candy Corn, Alfalfa.

Becoming a better hunter is the best way though.

Comment

They like sweet feed and protein.

Comment

Hunt over a water source during the summer

Comment

Chaffhaye or alfalfa. They should come to that

Comment

Do a deer drive if you want to get the population down. Play the wind and send you driver with the wind and station with rifle on exit route. Plenty small to pull it off.

Comment

Wish I was closer, I could take care of that problem with my thermal

Comment

thermal

Comment

Just my opinion! Only feed early in the mornings ! I had Zero success with that chaffaye stuff- our Axis ran from it!

Comment

We hunted several high fences where they had been getting chased by the previous hunters. It was hard to get close, had to be lucky. We never did shoot one, but did get close enough too. It was strictly spot, then stalk. Had to spot them first and then figure out terrain and trees to use as cover to hide behind. We could walk right up to the white tails on these places.

Comment

Helicopter

Comment

Have thermal, will travel

Comment

If you can night hunt set up lights and huntin the dark. The other option is shut off your feeders and only feed one stop on a road heavy for a few days and your good

Comment

Just invite TBH'ers and enough of us will show up to drive 'em from one end to the other of your 300 acres

Comment

Working...
                              X