Shop and Barndo Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shop and Barndo Build

Slow at work so thought I would share/keep up with my progress on this place. I bought 2.5 acres from a buddy that I have helped with cows, fencing, welding, you name it for the last 25 years or so. He sold me the South East corner of his 21 acres at a price I could not pass up. There is an additional 300+ acres that join the property that is leased for cows as well. Land was primarily a grazing pasture and was overgrown on the main road. Got it cleared, tore the old fencing down and refenced the entire perimeter. Had 2 fire trucks roll up on me while tending the fire.
    Attached Files

congrats Mitch.

tractor grapples are the shizzle

Comment

Had the county come out and install drive and culvert. They did an outstanding job. As stupid as metal prices are, I found surplus octagon tubing on the East side of Houston for 3.00 a foot. Bought a bunch and swung through Triple S Steel for the runners (1 3/4" sq) on the way home. Started the entrance build. Power installed. Thought they were doing a 400 amp service per our conversation but they dropped a 200.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Mr. Whiskers; 12-21-2021, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
        congrats Mitch.

tractor grapples are the shizzle
        Thank you sir. I'm the ground man and not allowed to operate the equipment

Comment

Place has 1 huge pecan and a large oak on it. Added 6 live oaks that will follow the drive to the shop. Had a buddy drill my well while I was hunting in Colorado. Had access to a trencher and a bunch of PVC. Added 3 spickets down the drive. Also have a spade truck scheduled to move 4-6 big pecan trees from my buddy's place next door.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Mr. Whiskers; 12-21-2021, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Coming along nice Mitch. Curious how all the rain is affecting your build these days? Setting us back pretty good by now..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Guy that dug my friend's 3 acre pond is digging one about a 1/2 mile from me. He brought the dozer, scraped the top 6-12" off the top and built my pad for me. He only charged me for the dirt which was 85 ish trucks I believe. Built up 1 ft. on the high side.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Mr. Whiskers; 12-21-2021, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
                Coming along nice Mitch. Curious how all the rain is affecting your build these days? Setting us back pretty good by now..

Slow going sir. Trying to get concrete by New Years but looking doubtful. Where yall at on your build?

Comment

Following along! Hope to be starting the process in centerville next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Whiskers View Post
                    Thank you sir. I'm the ground man and not allowed to operate the equipment
                    Well, I've seen you drive a truck so that's understandable [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                      Following along! Hope to be starting the process in centerville next year.
                      Stupid expensive to build right now Bobby.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                        Well, I've seen you drive a truck so that's understandable [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I used Muellers 3d building kit to layout the shop but will be purchasing a weld together this week. 40x60 shop with 20ft awnings the 60ft length of the building on each side. 14x14 front and rear. 2-10x10 doors on the South side (this will face my back yard and I will build an outdoor bar/cook area between the bay doors). 1 12x12 door facing North. Will run plumbing for a shower, sink, urinal and toilet.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Shop and Barndo Build

Originally posted by Mr. Whiskers View Post
                            Slow going sir. Trying to get concrete by New Years but looking doubtful. Where yall at on your build?

Havent even got forms up. Too wet. Im thinking at least two weeks out on concrete if it doesnt rain a single drop in that timeframe.

Hopefully you can get yours poured before then. Once that gets done rain isnt such a factor. That building looks like it should be really nice. Especially with 20’ awnings full length on both sides!

Last edited by BURTONboy; 12-21-2021, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Wife is a realtor and with houses going up to 60k over asking in our neighborhood, we will list our house when the shop is a month from completion. We will call this home until building material comes back down. We are never inside so shouldn't be a big deal for a while. I am trying to talk my wife into not building a house and getting a place on the lake but......
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X