First Point or Brushy Hill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am looking to book at one of these ranches and looking for opinions of hunters who have been there?

Thanks

Tracy

No one has hunted ethers of these?

Comment

I hunted first point a few years ago. I really liked it. Had a nice 135-140 come in but got busted trying to draw back. They are some spooky and skittish deer and it makes it fun! Can’t speak of the other place. I keep saying I’m gonna go back to first point but always seem to get too busy. Sleeping accommodations are ok. Yep Lenny of ground to hunt. Pretty nice deer on the place too. Not sure if Bo is still running it but he is very helpful and knowledgeable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
        I hunted first point a few years ago. I really liked it. Had a nice 135-140 come in but got busted trying to draw back. They are some spooky and skittish deer and it makes it fun! Can’t speak of the other place. I keep saying I’m gonna go back to first point but always seem to get too busy. Sleeping accommodations are ok. Yep Lenny of ground to hunt. Pretty nice deer on the place too. Not sure if Bo is still running it but he is very helpful and knowledgeable

Thanks for your info

Comment

Originally posted by nimrodtracy View Post
          Thanks for your info

You’re welcome. If you decide to go, I can give you plenty of tips and pointers that I learned while there.

Comment

Two friends and I hunted first point 5-6 years ago. It borders a large ranch with low hunting pressure that has big deer on it. We did see a monster buck mid day, going to the stand for the evening hunt. Great experience, I think the education you get from hunting some of the smartest deer on the planet, is worth the price of admission. Never hunted brushy so I can’t help you there. Good luck

Comment

I've hunted First Point quite a bit and killed a few bucks there. It's an awesome place with a lot of deer and the potential to kill a really big deer. Just have to be super careful with the wind and your setups. When you think you're brushed in good enough, spend another 30 minutes brushing in.

Comment

Looks like most have gone to First Point?

Comment

Having been to both My vote is First Point. Brushy Hill is nice but I’ve seen a lot more deer each hunt at First Point. Hopefully you catch the weather right. Brush in and watch the wind. Message if you have any questions. Been going the last 7 or 8 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I’ve been to both, First Point is my favorite. I killed a 151 that’s on the First Point FB page. I saw good bucks at BH too, but not as many as FP. I’m headed to FP in Nov.

Comment

Originally posted by DWS View Post
                      Having been to both My vote is First Point. Brushy Hill is nice but I’ve seen a lot more deer each hunt at First Point. Hopefully you catch the weather right. Brush in and watch the wind. Message if you have any questions. Been going the last 7 or 8 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                      Thanks for all the advice guys, I am going to go to First Point

Comment

I shot my buck in my picture at First Point last year. Headed down again after thanksgiving this year

Comment

Originally posted by csmith936 View Post
                          I shot my buck in my picture at First Point last year. Headed down again after thanksgiving this year
                          I’ll have to PM you when I get my dates….had to change. Maybe run into ya down there.

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
                            I’ll have to PM you when I get my dates….had to change. Maybe run into ya down there.

We will be there all week after thanksgiving

Comment

I’ll be at first point the 16th -22nd this is my 4th year to go. Always see deer have had several opportunities at bucks. Yes deer are very spooky, be on top of your stuff, take care of your clothes, no pop ups, make brush blinds and dig a hole down in the ground to help conceal you as much as possible. I also take a 6’ tripod as well. Nothing taller than that.. If you find an old blind In a pasture and you are hunting it freshen it up with brush from another location of the pasture. I’ve had deer look at clean cut climbs before and get spooky. Just need to hide those clean cuts as much as possible. Even if you trim for shooting. Take a bucket of mud to dirty up clean wood cut ends. It’s a challenge down there but the group I go with are some good hunters and killed good bucks off this ranch. They taught me all the little tricks. Corn lightly they do not like kill piles of corn. Bo drives about 30 to 40 mph down the roads in a Sami corning so they are used to light corn. Don’t take any scented corn or feed attractants. Sleep accommodations are ok 2 big trailers with bunks and twin beds. Does have running water, electricity, and kitchens very decent roads when they are not wet. That place can get real nasty on a rain. Hope this helps if you make it down there to hunt. Shoot straight…

Comment

Working...
                              X