Lease Cost N of Brownwood???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lease Cost N of Brownwood???

I may have an opportunity to lease 600-700 ac north of Brownwood. I would know prior to leasing how much acreage it is but I know it is between 600 and 700. It is raw land: no cabin, electricity or water and roads are limited/rough without some clearing. Plenty of vegetation, tanks and terrain though. It would be exclusive access to the whole place. How much would be a fair price for the whole place? Ive never hunted this area so I have no clue what is reasonable. Thanks in advance.

$10/ac and go up from there a few dollars

Comment

Owner can easily get 15.00 an acre.

Comment

I guess the other question would be how many hunters would you put on the place? Or how many deer would you expect to be able to shoot? Im thinking about the place for my family (myself, wife and 4 kids) but not everyone would be shooting a deer unless the numbers dictated that many does being shot.

Comment

North as in May area ? Are Cross cut area are by the lake ?

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
            North as in May area ? Are Cross cut area are by the lake ?
            Yes, in the May area. East of 183.

Comment

It would be good for your family. Depending on numbers & comparing to our wildlife co-op suggestions we had in San Saba county ,would be good for 3 bucks. Twice that many does. Not knowing deer numbers for sure in that area, could be less.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                It would be good for your family. Depending on numbers & comparing to our wildlife co-op suggestions we had in San Saba county ,would be good for 3 bucks. Twice that many does. Not knowing deer numbers for sure in that area, could be less.
                That is ballpark what I was thinking. I was thinking 2-3 bucks and maybe up to 10 does depending on numbers and ratios.

Comment

Most places around here aren't leasing by the acre but rather by the gun. Ive seen owners put 5-6 people on a 600 acre place and get 2-3k a gun. I would say if you can get it for 8k total your doing good. Theres some big deer in that area.

Comment

Originally posted by RutnBuk View Post
                    Most places around here aren't leasing by the acre but rather by the gun. Ive seen owners put 5-6 people on a 600 acre place and get 2-3k a gun. I would say if you can get it for 8k total your doing good. Theres some big deer in that area.
                    Thanks, sounds like somewhere in the $5k to 10k range is what to expect. I'm not sure we will do it for the upper limit of that but would for the lower limit. Meeting with the landowner on Saturday to discuss it. It will all depend on price and what he is thinking more than likely.

Comment

Originally posted by cehorn View Post
                      Thanks, sounds like somewhere in the $5k to 10k range is what to expect. I'm not sure we will do it for the upper limit of that but would for the lower limit. Meeting with the landowner on Saturday to discuss it. It will all depend on price and what he is thinking more than likely.
                      Good deal and good luck to you.

Comment

Like has been mentioned , around $8,000 - put maybe 4 guys on there at $2,000 a gun. Wouldn't do anymore then that, with no water or electric on the place.

Comment

with no water electric cabin $6K seems to be average going range

Comment

Originally posted by cehorn View Post
                            Yes, in the May area. East of 183.

Good area if you are up in the hills . With a good population of decent bucks . And will probably be around 7500-8000$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the replies. That gives me a good starting point for my meeting with the landowner.

Comment

Working...
                              X