No announcement yet.

Any Starlink Users getting service yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We live in SW NM and are not in the service area but on the waiting list for residential. We got the RV setup and are able to stream even during peak. We average about 68 mbps during peak which is 10 times what we were able to get with Viasat or Hughes. The RV version is only 8 dollars more than what we paid with Viasat. Very pleased so far and it will only get better when we are included in the service area. With all the rain we have received in the last month only 1 outage due to weather.

Comment

My account for Mason County still says late 2022. Well we are getting pretty dang close to late 2022 so hoping for some good news soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I've had mine for 2 months at deer camp and it is a game changer. I have a wifi security system hooked up to it, lots of wifi controlled plugs, and other devices. I can stream TV and do work video conferences no problem. My boss will never know that I'm hunting and not at the office now. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
          I've had mine for 2 months at deer camp and it is a game changer. I have a wifi security system hooked up to it, lots of wifi controlled plugs, and other devices. I can stream TV and do work video conferences no problem. My boss will never know that I'm hunting and not at the office now. LOL

Exactly what I want to do at my new ranch. I just thought of the security system this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Anyone in the East Texas area using Starlink yet? Been on the waiting list almost a year and I’m thinking about going the RV route. We live in the sticks with no other internet option besides Hughesnet/Viasat and it sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Pretty pumped as one of the guys on my lease ordered Starlink for us.

Comment

Is anybody know the footprint size of the satellite stand that comes with the basic starlink kit? Trying to see if a 2 ft by 2 ft aluminum plate would work for mounting it to a metal roof

Team Little Debbie Pro Staff

Comment

Found a piece of 24x24 aluminum plate at home depot. Higher than giraffe genitals but it worked great.

Used four self-tapping screws and everything lined up perfectly with the starlink base and the high ridges on the metal roof.

Set up was easy. Still need to caulk the hole where the cable goes into the cabin.

We are still on the residential list but signed up for the " Best effort" service which can be slower during peak times. We don't lose our place on the residential list. Initial speeds tests are about three times as fast as the DSL that we had. Not too many options out here in the middle of nowhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                    Found a piece of 24x24 aluminum plate at home depot. Higher than giraffe genitals but it worked great.

Used four self-tapping screws and everything lined up perfectly with the starlink base and the high ridges on the metal roof.

Set up was easy. Still need to caulk the hole where the cable goes into the cabin.

We are still on the residential list but signed up for the " Best effort" service which can be slower during peak times. We don't lose our place on the residential list. Initial speeds tests are about three times as fast as the DSL that we had. Not too many options out here in the middle of nowhere.

Glad to hear that you’re finally surfing in the woods!

Comment

Thought I uploaded these earlier...

Comment

Originally posted by CabezaBlanca View Post
                        Glad to hear that you’re finally surfing in the woods!
                        Thanks! Mamma is happy now!

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                          Thought I uploaded these earlier...

Congrats to y'all! It is definitely a game changer. We have the RV version 'cause we go camping once a month besides our current living situation. Up on a pole.

Click image for larger version

Name:	300222141_5166548696806117_7882255703764869681_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	593.4 KB
ID:	24693440

Comment

An RV version just showed up at my front door yesterday. Do I need anything besides what's in this box to get it up and running? Like cables, adapters, routers? Anything?

Just want to make sure I'm prepared when I go down to hook this up later this week.

Comment

Originally posted by SB09 View Post
                              An RV version just showed up at my front door yesterday. Do I need anything besides what's in this box to get it up and running? Like cables, adapters, routers? Anything?

Just want to make sure I'm prepared when I go down to hook this up later this week.
                              Everything you need to get up and running is included. I ordered a pipe adapter and made my own mount. Also helps to buy an extra cable if you have a permanent mount but will be using it at other places. You can use the included base when you travel. I also have the mesh system at my home place and have good service in several buildings that are 300 or so feet apart.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                                Everything you need to get up and running is included. I ordered a pipe adapter and made my own mount. Also helps to buy an extra cable if you have a permanent mount but will be using it at other places. You can use the included base when you travel. I also have the mesh system at my home place and have good service in several buildings that are 300 or so feet apart.
                                Great to know. Thank you for the info!

Comment

Working...
                                X