East Texas hunting 2022-‘23 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
    I don’t know if this will make sense but I am so irritated about it I’m really not even mad. All I can do is laugh.
    Bingeaux....exactly how I have become....lol. Waiting on yalls LDPs.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Well I got it done this morning. Sometimes a blind hog does find an acorn. I had an epic hunt this morning on one of the most beautiful opening mornings I can remember. I woke up at 3:45 am to a thermometer reading 48 degrees at camp. I had to wake up early so I could get on my stand extra early as the last few days deer had been showing up well before daylight and I didn’t want to spook them. I parked my four wheeler right at a half mile away from my stand and started walking in. About that time my cell cam alerts me that a buck is at my feeder. I try to time it so he leaves before I get there, but I also worried more would show up. I decide to sneak on in. I was in and settled at 4:55 am. I spent the next hour seeing a doe and a hog on camera in front of me, but it was so dark I saw nothing. Finally as dawn approached I had a young doe come in to my feed pen and a minute later a mature doe came from my left and walked about 3 yards in front of my stand. At 7:15 a squirrel hunter drove down the road about 800 yards away and spooked the two does. Shortly after, the woods erupted in 22 caliber shots. It sounded like WWIII. I was getting pretty low on my expectations for the day. At 7:50 a small 8pt came in directly from behind my feed pen but never went in. He kept looking to my right and behind me. After about 5 minutes 3 more small bucks come from that direction at 15 yards. One pushes the first buck off and then something big runs in wide open and chases all the bucks back down to my right. About that time this buck comes in from the left and follows the others off. Ten minutes goes by and three of the smaller bucks head back in. I can tell they are not going to my pen but back behind me to my right. I look up and this buck is behind them. I quickly range a big pine at 30 yards. I can tell he is going to walk right past it but he is facing me. Finally he starts to turn and I draw back but another buck gets in front of him. I hold for a good two minutes. Finally the other buck moves but this one is now blocked by a tree. At 8:16 he makes a step or two forward and I decided to thread the needle. I made a good hit and had complete pass through. He turned and ran 50 yards or so and stopped and stood for what seemed like forever then stumbled and fell over.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2B5D98D5-E9E6-4FE4-9625-E1C5CD294B7E.jpeg
Views:	2
Size:	208.4 KB
ID:	24693317

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
        Well I got it done this morning. Sometimes a blind hog does find an acorn. I had an epic hunt this morning on one of the most beautiful opening mornings I can remember. I woke up at 3:45 am to a thermometer reading 48 degrees at camp. I had to wake up early so I could get on my stand extra early as the last few days deer had been showing up well before daylight and I didn’t want to spook them. I parked my four wheeler right at a half mile away from my stand and started walking in. About that time my cell cam alerts me that a buck is at my feeder. I try to time it so he leaves before I get there, but I also worried more would show up. I decide to sneak on in. I was in and settled at 4:55 am. I spent the next hour seeing a doe and a hog on camera in front of me, but it was so dark I saw nothing. Finally as dawn approached I had a young doe come in to my feed pen and a minute later a mature doe came from my left and walked about 3 yards in front of my stand. At 7:15 a squirrel hunter drove down the road about 800 yards away and spooked the two does. Shortly after, the woods erupted in 22 caliber shots. It sounded like WWIII. I was getting pretty low on my expectations for the day. At 7:50 a small 8pt came in directly from behind my feed pen but never went in. He kept looking to my right and behind me. After about 5 minutes 3 more small bucks come from that direction at 15 yards. One pushes the first buck off and then something big runs in wide open and chases all the bucks back down to my right. About that time this buck comes in from the left and follows the others off. Ten minutes goes by and three of the smaller bucks head back in. I can tell they are not going to my pen but back behind me to my right. I look up and this buck is behind them. I quickly range a big pine at 30 yards. I can tell he is going to walk right past it but he is facing me. Finally he starts to turn and I draw back but another buck gets in front of him. I hold for a good two minutes. Finally the other buck moves but this one is now blocked by a tree. At 8:16 he makes a step or two forward and I decided to thread the needle. I made a good hit and had complete pass through. He turned and ran 50 yards or so and stopped and stood for what seemed like forever then stumbled and fell over.

[ATTACH]1104118[/ATTACH]
        Man man man. Great deer and write up. Congrats on a fine deer on opening day. Beautiful cape too. Will make a nice mount.

Comment

Congrats ! Great opening day buck !!!

Comment

Mighty fine buck. Congratulations, sir!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
              Man man man. Great deer and write up. Congrats on a fine deer on opening day. Beautiful cape too. Will make a nice mount.
              Thanks. I did cape him out. Hopefully did ok lol. Going to take to taxi Monday. I took it all to my processor today and he has it all in cold storage

Comment

… shot a hog
                …. Cut a cable
                … missed the morning
                …. Left house at 6:00 pm for evening scout/hunt. Hogs are so bad I can pick random trees and shoot them

Comment

Congrats Kris!

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                    Congrats Kris!
                    Thanks bud

Comment

Had some doe activity this evening. They were skittish and never would give me the shot I wanted. When I had the big one broadside there would be another behind her. Tomorrow is another day lol
                      Attached Files

Comment

Very happy for you Kris! He's a brute. Waydago man.

Comment

[ATTACH]1104118[/ATTACH]

Congratulations! You executed your plan to a T. Greasy east texas deer man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

[ATTACH]1104118[/ATTACH]
                            Nice one.

Congratulations

Comment

Congrats Javlin, looks like he has great 3's and a split G2. Was this your number 1 on the list?

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Comment

Great buck, Javelin! Congratulations!

Comment

Working...
                                X