Mountain Lion Management in Texas is coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by centex_aggie View Post
    Mountain Lion stamp on your hunting license will be next. Tack on $7 more.
    For the opportunity.........im in!
    Originally posted by Sackett View Post
    I am an avid hunter, conservationists and Texan. Personally, I believe we do need some form of study to determine if regulation is necessary for Mountain Lions in Texas. With more and more population growth, habitat is increasingly diminishing and I’d venture to say the number of hunters in the woods are increasing as well, especially with the growing “organic food” movements. I’d really like the opportunity to see mountain lions survive so my kids and their kids have that opportunity. If you believe we should have seasons, bag limits and regulations on Whitetail deer, why the heck wouldn’t you ant one on Mountain Lions?
    Agreed wholeheartedly. If it helps TPWD and conservation activities it works for me.
    Originally posted by TX CHICKEN View Post
    We can thank Ben Masters for this most likely. The way he portrayed mountain lions and the trapping in his movie “Deep in the Heart” was pretty ugly and inaccurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I saw that movie is showing at Stephen F. Austin University later in October. Did not know anything about it but i got an invitation and was actually considering checking it out..........NOPE!

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
      I am an avid hunter, conservationists and Texan. Personally, I believe we do need some form of study to determine if regulation is necessary for Mountain Lions in Texas. With more and more population growth, habitat is increasingly diminishing and I’d venture to say the number of hunters in the woods are increasing as well, especially with the growing “organic food” movements. I’d really like the opportunity to see mountain lions survive so my kids and their kids have that opportunity. If you believe we should have seasons, bag limits and regulations on Whitetail deer, why the heck wouldn’t you ant one on Mountain Lions?
      I think it would be good to take a closer look at lion management.

I’m also greatly confused as to why lions, elk, and bison are non-game animals (even though they’re all native), and pheasants have a season and are regulated.

Comment

Mountain Lions

From some of the deer torn up in trail camera pics they are alive and well in our area in Leakey and same at buddy of mines place in Rock Springs

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
          I think it would be good to take a closer look at lion management.

I’m also greatly confused as to why lions, elk, and bison are non-game animals (even though they’re all native), and pheasants have a season and are regulated.

This has always drives me crazy. Those **** birds are put on a pedestal and worshipped when who’s knows how much damage they have caused to native species. Need eradicated like feral hogs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by deerwatcher51 View Post
            Have you ever seen any on your South Texas place?
            No but I have in Burleson County.

Comment

I don't think you can compare a mountain lion to another species, it is unique. I have no problem with hunting them but they do need to be managed. There are a lot of folks out there being irresponsible with their methods.

Comment

I am cool with a 1 annual limit and permit , and a depredation license!
                And lots of species that need monitoring that don’t due to stolen funding

Comment

Mountain Lion Management in Texas is coming

Will this regulate all the black panthers too?

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                    Will this regulate all the black panthers too?
                    THAT may be a great way to manage the lion population, you have to kill a black lion before the less common brown ones! I personally think they’re doing just fine now, but I have no data to back that up with……

Comment

Originally posted by boy wonder View Post
                      THAT may be a great way to manage the lion population, you have to kill a black lion before the less common brown ones! I personally think they’re doing just fine now, but I have no data to back that up with……
                      If that happens then how long before a black barn cat gets shot?

Comment

Originally posted by C-dubyah View Post
                        If that happens then how long before a black barn cat gets shot?
                        I’m sure that ship has sailed many, many times .

Comment

Dems gonna control more and more !
                          Gotta put a stop to it.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                            Never have. Only ones I have seen in the wild were down around Encinal. Parks and Wildlife had a collaring program. I got to go along when they collared some kittens.
                            I saw one one Margie’s place the last day we were on the lease. Elton and I made one last pass through the place after we had loaded all our crap, topped a hill and there one stood at the bottom of the hill, we stopped, it looked at us, we looked at it and in about two bounds, it was gone….

Comment

Originally posted by RWB View Post
                              The group is actually tasked to find a way for the state to make money on Mt lions. Out come will be more regulations.
                              I think TPWD would prefer this issue go away.

Authors of this petition have an agenda, and they definitely do not represent the vast majority of landowners that are actually effected by lions.

It doesn’t look like this petition wish list is going anywhere anytime soon, except for the creation of advisory committee. Lion population is thriving, maybe better than ever.

Issue definitely isn’t going to die though.

Comment

"Thank you for your petition"

(slams door and throws it in the trash)

Comment

Working...
                                X