Log Splitter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Y'all that have the county line version, is it the the 25 ton? I am looking at maybe ordering the 30 ton online due to most of my wood is post oaks. I am worried the 25 ton won't hold up as well over time as the 30 ton

Comment

I have a 25 ton County line.

Only year two, but no issues so far.
        Last edited by Coacheddy; 09-18-2022, 09:50 PM. Reason: .

Comment

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post
          Y'all that have the county line version, is it the the 25 ton? I am looking at maybe ordering the 30 ton online due to most of my wood is post oaks. I am worried the 25 ton won't hold up as well over time as the 30 ton
          I’m not sure that I’ve ever met someone complaining that their “splitter” was too big. Go bigger if you can. It’s less stress on the machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
            I’m not sure that I’ve ever met someone complaining that their “splitter” was too big. Go bigger if you can. It’s less stress on the machine.

I guess the point is the money difference between the two and if it is really better to spend the money and cry once or if the 25 ton is more than enough to take care of a few post oaks a year. I have convinced myself in buying the 30 ton but open to hearing responses and uses of those maybe with the 25 ton from TSC.

Comment

We need a machine/tool share program on TBH.

If anyone is within an hour of San Saba and would rather use a splitter once per year let me know. I'll drive mine over and we can split wood one day.

IMO very very few split enough wood to make it worth buying one.

Comment

I borrowed my friend's Echo last weekend. It split horizontally and vertically and opened to about 2.5'. I was pretty impressed with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Beargrasstx View Post
                  I guess the point is the money difference between the two and if it is really better to spend the money and cry once or if the 25 ton is more than enough to take care of a few post oaks a year. I have convinced myself in buying the 30 ton but open to hearing responses and uses of those maybe with the 25 ton from TSC.
                  Not sure what the money difference is on the two but I got mine up and running. I don’t know what ton mine is but it’s not a 30 ton. Probably a 20 ton, maybe a 25. I’m splitting post oak too and mine is going thru them and I run the motor at half throttle. I don’t know what the hardest wood is to split but have heard live oak is. I have some blackjack oak that I need to cut down and these are usually hard on a chainsaw. Guess I’ll find out then on how these split when I get to them but it’s going to be a while before I do.

Comment

I cut up 3 decent sized oaks at my folks place this weekend. I'm looking for one myself now.

Comment

I used to sell firewood. I have a 22 ton from TSC that's 15 years old. It will split anything with ease except large elm .
                      Any type of oak is no problem

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

Comment

I bought the County Line 25 Ton. I have 3 green mature pin oaks felled. 2 seasoned oaks stacked, and 2 dead standing. 60 foot plus trees. Figure Ill have firewood for the next 10 years lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I sold my splitter to a friend. I figure I’ll have wood until I kick out.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the input fellas

The 25 ton is 1700
                            The 30 ton is 2100, plus 200 shipping

The 30 ton has to be ordered. I looked at 7 different stores and none had it in stock. Only ones I could find in stock were the 25ton and 40ton

tax exempt so that makes up shipping difference

I am going to get the 30 ton but glad to hear some input from some 25 ton guys

Comment

Depending on your ability and time frame on needing one; try finding a used one. I bought mine for a $100, carb. on motor was messed up. After a few attempts on rebuilding it with no luck, I bought a predator motor for $150 and put on it. Been going strong for over 5 years and I split a lot of wood!

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                                Yep. You don’t need the power until you need it on a solid slice.

Comment

Working...
                                X