• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks gunna try this one out.

Comment

Tweaked the recipe a bit.
      Added two red onions to the mix.
      And rather than run the tomatoes through the food processor, I cut them into 1/2” cubes. Lots of knife work, we shall see if it’s worth it.

Comment

I sent this to my wife to do with our peppers. Most excellent.

Comment

i will try this with my fresh tomatoes this spring.

Comment

Thanks, I have been wanting to try making and canning my own..............

Comment

To the top. Got a batch of original going minus the cilantro Using Jalapenos and Serranos
              Last edited by DWS; 06-17-2023, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Can I cook the salsa using your recipe and use a large vacuum chamber to seal the jars verses using the boiling method? I’ve been confused if I can use my chamber to seal salsa like this or not. There is very little info on the viability of using this method,

FYI thanks for taking the time to share your recipes!!!

Comment

I've never heard, nor tried simply vacuum sealing it. Everything I've read says you need to water bath it to make it shelf stable. Now if you're going to store it in the refrigerator, I bet that would work fine. All you need is a pot deep enough to cover the jars with water.

Comment

I just finished up my first batch of salsa for the year
                    Attached Files

Comment

Learning curve oops
                      Last edited by scotty; 06-24-2023, 05:45 PM.

Comment

TTT for a great recipe from Scotty. We still use the original from first post and love it. This is an easy recipe for you guys with a garden wanting to make some salsa…..thanks again Mr. Scotty!

Comment

Working...
                        X