Top 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chew View Post
    I joined the Marine Corps delayed entry program in 11th grade. All I had to do was graduate to make it to boot camp in San diego.

I wanted nothing more in life than to be a Marine. And I still barely graduated.

But kicked *** in boot camp, kicked *** during my four year enlistment and got meritorioua promotions, and kicked *** at the sheriff's office.

Semper Fi
    Now I wish I would have added a few "I Kicked ***" to my testimony.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
      Now I wish I would have added a few "I Kicked ***" to my testimony.
      Those poor *'s. Always getting kicked. You'd think they could do some kicking every once in awhile since they always seem to travel in 3's [emoji2957]

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
        I was top 25% of 278. I can’t remember exact number, but I think it was 69. Early acceptance to Texas A&M (SAT score) where I dropped out after a year. I’m hoping I can recover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Keep plugging away Curt. You’re gonna be a success some day😁

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
          I don't believe that, Geezy.
          It’s true Randy. I was a total slouch in school and was always getting in trouble for fighting. If a class didn’t interest me then I just didn’t care about doing the work. It took me three years to pass (just barely) sophomore english. I had a bad attitude with the teacher the first year and she hated me. She mispronounced my name, both of them, and I refused to answer role until she learned to read. Yeah, that didn’t go well. The next year I had her sister in law for my teacher. I guess they conspired because I got no help from her. The third year, my senior year, I had a teacher that really cared and helped me to pass. Unfortunately, I had to have three years of english to graduate with my class so when everyone else was walking across the stage getting their diplomas, I was cooking pies at the pizza parlor. I had to take english III in summer school and attend a couple of credit classes in the next semester in order to graduate in the same year as my class. I graduated in November of 1974. The last of my class to graduate. The anchorman.
          I eventually found my niche in life and had a career that I thoroughly enjoyed and made a very good living at. My six figure salary topped many of those in my graduation class that finished in the top ten percent and went to college. I have no complaints.
          If I had it to do all over, I’d have dropped out after my sophomore year, gotten my GED and gone in the Army that much sooner.

Comment

Have you ever wondered where your doctor or veterinarian finished in their class? I’ve encountered some that I really wish that number was printed on their diplomas. I know it’s not an indication of how well they do their jobs but it still makes me wonder if that guy fixin to open me up finished first or last.
            Things that make you go Hmmm?

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
              Have you ever wondered where your doctor or veterinarian finished in their class? I’ve encountered some that I really wish that number was printed on their diplomas. I know it’s not an indication of how well they do their jobs but it still makes me wonder if that guy fixin to open me up finished first or last.
              Things that make you go Hmmm?

You know what you call the guy who graduated last in his class at Baylor College of Medicine last year?

Doctor

I have 2 very close friends that are MDs. I have 2 other friends that are diesel techs and they are way smarter than the MDs. I’m an engineer so I’m smarter than all them combined. [emoji1787]

The guys with MDs just take the punishment and keep going…..and taking the pain usually results in money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The World is ran by C students for the most part. The under achevers don't have the self discipline, and the over achevers lack the common sense to apply to real world problems.

Comment

^^^ I like this as a quote.

Comment

Top 10% (54 of 950 or so) WHO’s who, NHS. HS psych teacher just shook her head when it came to me. Took several IQ tests for an experiment and scored 140-145 on them. Spent all my spare time hunting and fishing and not studying. Never went to college. Guess that’s how I ended up on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                      It’s true Randy. I was a total slouch in school and was always getting in trouble for fighting. If a class didn’t interest me then I just didn’t care about doing the work. It took me three years to pass (just barely) sophomore english. I had a bad attitude with the teacher the first year and she hated me. She mispronounced my name, both of them, and I refused to answer role until she learned to read. Yeah, that didn’t go well. The next year I had her sister in law for my teacher. I guess they conspired because I got no help from her. The third year, my senior year, I had a teacher that really cared and helped me to pass. Unfortunately, I had to have three years of english to graduate with my class so when everyone else was walking across the stage getting their diplomas, I was cooking pies at the pizza parlor. I had to take english III in summer school and attend a couple of credit classes in the next semester in order to graduate in the same year as my class. I graduated in November of 1974. The last of my class to graduate. The anchorman.
                      I eventually found my niche in life and had a career that I thoroughly enjoyed and made a very good living at. My six figure salary topped many of those in my graduation class that finished in the top ten percent and went to college. I have no complaints.
                      If I had it to do all over, I’d have dropped out after my sophomore year, gotten my GED and gone in the Army that much sooner.
                      You remind me of my cousin, Geoff!

Comment

My wife was valedictorian and has her Masters. My oldest daughter was valedictorian and is finishing her thesis for her Doctorate. My youngest was salutatorian and hated school. I can't spell valedictorian or salutatorian with out spell check!

My wife made 2 B's in college.. both in PE! She said she cried over both of them. I made 2 B's in college as well. I wept too. Tears of joy.

I was coaching at Hardin-Simmons 16 years after high school. I went over to the gym for something and they were having a HS basketball tourney. I thought I recognize that lady. She was one of my teachers from HS. She was still coaching. She looked at me like she knew me too. I ask are you coach Pennick and she said yes. I introduced myself and she said yes I remember you. She ask me, what are you doing here? I said I coach football here. She got a look on her face and said, you coach here I said yes ma'am. She ask if I went to college? Yes ma'am and I finished my masters too. She was like a cow staring at a gate She said, I never thought you would make it out of high school. I told her I was a late bloomer

I had a interview one time and got the job because the head coach said he never hires anybody that makes all A's and B's. He said I was highly qualified

C's get degrees! and D stands for Dandy

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                          My wife was valedictorian and has her Masters. My oldest daughter was valedictorian and is finishing her thesis for her Doctorate. My youngest was salutatorian and hated school. I can't spell valedictorian or salutatorian with out spell check!

My wife made 2 B's in college.. both in PE! She said she cried over both of them. I made 2 B's in college as well. I wept too. Tears of joy.

I was coaching at Hardin-Simmons 16 years after high school. I went over to the gym for something and they were having a HS basketball tourney. I thought I recognize that lady. She was one of my teachers from HS. She was still coaching. She looked at me like she knew me too. I ask are you coach Pennick and she said yes. I introduced myself and she said yes I remember you. She ask me, what are you doing here? I said I coach football here. She got a look on her face and said, you coach here I said yes ma'am. She ask if I went to college? Yes ma'am and I finished my masters too. She was like a cow staring at a gate She said, I never thought you would make it out of high school. I told her I was a late bloomer

I had a interview one time and got the job because the head coach said he never hires anybody that makes all A's and B's. He said I was highly qualified

Good story, David!

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post

Pretty sure I would've said I was hired by the City to make sure she didn't steal anything.

Wow, what an awesome person she is.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                              The World is ran by C students for the most part. The under achevers don't have the self discipline, and the over achevers lack the common sense to apply to real world problems.
                              Don’t forget the slackers who just want a free hand out

Comment

Originally posted by E.TX.BOWHUNTER View Post
                                Top 10% (54 of 950 or so) WHO’s who, NHS. HS psych teacher just shook her head when it came to me. Took several IQ tests for an experiment and scored 140-145 on them. Spent all my spare time hunting and fishing and not studying. Never went to college. Guess that’s how I ended up on here.
                                HS PSYCH?? They teach psychology in high school or did you mean physics? Surprised you weren't in the gifted and talented program.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X