Curious about Stic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curious about Stic

The recent Stic knives for sale prompted this thought. At one time his Knives flew out of the classifieds as soon as they posted. What happened? Where did Stic go? Or why did his following, well fall off?

I know what people are gonna say, but that was happening for years, while they flew off the shelf.
    Curious as to the abrupt disappearance...?

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
      I know what people are gonna say, but that was happening for years, while they flew off the shelf.
      Curious as to the abrupt disappearance...?
      Yes. The disappearance.

Comment

I think there are a few threads on it.

I bought a dozen or so from him the last ten years.

The last one wasn't a real smooth process.

Comment

I don't have the where, why, or how answers, but he's active on the book of faces. I bought two knives from him a few years ago, and the return address was not a Texas one.

Comment

It was the pigtails. He started putting out the ugliest knives known to man

Comment

I know that there were some issues with timely shipping around the time his wife Shell was sick. I’ve bought many a knife from Frank and never had a bad experience. We done some trades as well as commissioning him to make some custom stuff and I’ve always been very happy.

Comment

Originally posted by TxMedic View Post
                I know that there were some issues with timely shipping around the time his wife Shell was sick. I’ve bought many a knife from Frank and never had a bad experience. We done some trades as well as commissioning him to make some custom stuff and I’ve always been very happy.
                X2

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                  The recent Stic knives for sale prompted this thought. At one time his Knives flew out of the classifieds as soon as they posted. What happened? Where did Stic go? Or why did his following, well fall off?
                  I don have a answer of the speed his knives selling or where stic went
                  But I’ve purchased a many knife from frank and have been happy will All of the purchases.
                  I have kept two for my personal and have used the rest for gifts for clients and family.
                  He is always up front and making sure I have tracking number and the date it’s shipped.
                  Not once have I found anything to question the quality of his work.
                  Last edited by Bro. Bill; 07-04-2022, 09:42 AM.

Comment

I’m guessing with the current administration draining the bank accounts of the American people…custom knifes would be one of the first expenses to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

well, I'm still here hahahaha. And still an associate sponsor. I do things on FB and PMs from here. Just busy with health things and 6 great-grandkids. had the rough patch for a while but thank the Lord made it through. Funny I always thought my Pigtails were well-liked Hope all is well with all the TBH members and as always you either love stics or hate them. Kinda like 45. Happy 4th of July.<><

Comment

Originally posted by TxMedic View Post
                        Thank you brother.<><

Comment

Stic, Glad to see you post!! I'm still using the pigtails you made for me!!

Don't mind that guy... Almost every thread he posts to is some kind of smartass remark that contributes nothing to the Forum...
                          He's just a blowhard and troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Bro. Bill View Post
                            I don have a answer of the speed his knives selling or where stic went
                            But I’ve purchased a many knife from frank and have been happy will All of the purchases.
                            I have kept two for my personal and have used the rest for gifts for clients and family.
                            He is always up front and making sure I have tracking number and the date it’s shipped.
                            Not once have I found anything to question the quality of his work.
                            Thank you brother<><

Comment

I for one , liked the pigtails. A nice touch to a handmade knife.

Comment

Working...
                              X