No announcement yet.

Shingles!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang, I got the shot about 15 years ago, and no problems since. But, y'all got me thinking cept bucknaked, he's against all shots.

Comment

Shingles was the last thing on my mind. I actually thought I had injured my back again since I couldn’t get comfortable in bed.

Comment

Don’t take the shingles vaccine. It was designed to kill you!

Comment

Folks, I don’t know or care where you stand on vaccines. All I know is you do not want this stuff! It hit me outta left field and it’s not fun. Docs office doesn’t open till Tuesday so by then anti virals may not help.
          If you’ve had the chicken pox you have the virus in your body. I think me getting the vaccine at 60 mitigated this outbreak. The freaky thing is it can break out on your face, in your eyes, on your rib cage, hand, leg etc. it’s a crap shoot.

Comment

My wife gets it often, her Doctor gives her a med that I believe is an antiviral? It usually helps shorten how long she has it.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              So the shingles vaccine is bad now too? How about tetanus? hepatitis?
              Smart, you still livin’’ ? We were supposed to be dead by now?😂🤣😂

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                We were supposed to be dead by now?😂🤣😂
                I thought we were…😂🤣😂

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                  I got the “vaccine” about six years ago. It’s like all the nerve endings are hyper sensitive. And it is different when I breath. I haven’t slept in two days. You can’t get comfortable. Gonna be amother loooooong night for me.
                  So it didn't help is what I'm hearing?

Comment

Vicodin helps

Comment

I think it mitigated the outbreak. I don’t have a full band of blisters going around my right side. It’s spotted. I don’t know how you protect yourself from this mess, I just hope your able to. And again, this is a light case of it and haven’t been able to sleep soundly since this started. The aggravation has been non stop.
                      Last edited by Hogmauler; 07-02-2022, 07:10 PM. Reason: Add content

Comment

I guess I’m somewhat confused, y’all are getting the vaccine and still having a viral outbreak. Am I understanding that correctly? My MIL had the vaccine then got the shingles anyway a few years ago. I thought she was just an exception but it doesn’t sound that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Exactly. So I’m assuming that it’s a crap shoot. 50/50 isn’t the best of odds in my opinion;however, why didn’t I have a full blown attack if it wasn’t for the vaccine?

Comment

Shingles can cause permanent nerve damage. I got them in 2011. And still don't have any feeling in the area they started. Mine blistered up from my right arm pit, across my right pectoral, and to the sternum. Once you get them, you are more susceptible to getting them again. The vaccine will help reduce the probability of reoccurrence or attack, if not help prevent it. And also possibly make it less severe.

Mine looked almost identical to this.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                              I guess I’m somewhat confused, y’all are getting the vaccine and still having a viral outbreak. Am I understanding that correctly? My MIL had the vaccine then got the shingles anyway a few years ago. I thought she was just an exception but it doesn’t sound that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              There is the original shingles vaccine then they came up with an improved version a while back called shingrix that is supposed to offer a higher level of protection as I understand it.

Comment

Mine is nowhere near that bad and that’s my point. If a mild case has kept me sleepless for 3 days imagine what full blown shingles is like. I still have no idea where this is going from here.

Comment

Working...
                                X