No announcement yet.

Muscle Car Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone going to the Lone Star Corvette Show at Texas Motor Speedway?

Comment

Originally posted by armadillophil View Post
      This is my 78 Trans Am survivor. I am 3rd owner and it has 47k miles. My son turns 16 on Wednesday and he thinks it will be his daily driver.
      When my oldest daughter turned 16 eleven years ago I tried to buy her a white '78 Trans Am. She wanted a Toyota Corolla instead.

I even tried brain washing her by showing her how to do burnouts in my '72 455HO.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
        Finally starting to push it's limits. Only took 60 days of practicing.

What a beast...........
        It has a Launch Code / Mode setting.

You hit a couple of buttons. Stand on the brake. Run it up to 2000rpm's. And launch the vehicle.

Wow next month we have owned this 2022 for 12 months and just found Launch Mode this week.

Bought a Lexus Rc 350 F Sport the other day. A TBH'er got my old Lexus. This one is a fun go cart.

Will try to launch it this weekend...
        Last edited by Johnny Dangerr; 06-10-2022, 06:51 PM.

Comment

What’s everyone’s thoughts on buying a nice Muscle car and weekend driving it for ten years? It would be kept indoors and improvements made as needed. After we get older and loose interest would I be able to recoop a big portion of my money?
          Last edited by KGreene; 06-11-2022, 06:19 PM.

Comment

68 SS 454 crate motor. Ford 9” posing/disc brakes, T 400 w/ 2500rpm stall converter and performance shift kit. B&M quick silver shifterClick image for larger version

Name:	C48BED6B-5FCD-44BC-A312-621F87187609.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	24686142

Comment

Originally posted by KGreene View Post
              What’s everyone’s thoughts on buying a nice Muscle car and weekend driving it for ten years? It would be kept indoors and improvements made as needed. After we get older and loose interest would I be able to recoop a big portion of my money?
              I drive mine when the weather is right, other wise there would be no fun had in owning it.
              they are like Land, they’re only going to appreciate

Comment

Originally posted by Lost Buckaroo View Post
                I drive mine when the weather is right, other wise there would be no fun had in owning it.
                Thanks, I’ve had quite a few nice ones, but nothing that was better than a hobby car. We are thinking about a big block C3 and enjoy it while we are young enough then put the money back into the savings.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost Buckaroo View Post
                  Thanks, I’ve had quite a few nice ones, but nothing that was better than a hobby car. We are thinking about a big block C3 and enjoy it while we are young enough then put the money back into the savings.

Comment

Why would you lose interest when you get older?

Buy it. Drive the wheels off it. If you sell it you'll either make money or you won't.

Comment

Originally posted by GA Bowhunter View Post
                      Why would you lose interest when you get older?

Buy it. Drive the wheels off it. If you sell it you'll either make money or you won't.
                      My wife has M.S that has been progressing. There will be a day when she will not be able to get in and out of something that low.

Comment

Muscle Car Thread

Might not be old school muscle but it’s got muscle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                        Last edited by Black Ice; 06-11-2022, 11:29 PM.

Comment

How would you do against an awd durango / grand cherokee hellcat icemen...

Comment

Muscle Car Thread

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                            How would you do against an awd durango / grand cherokee hellcat icemen...

I’d rather be a tad slower then have the interior of both of those. Not really but that’s what my wife said.

I wanted a Trackhawk but my wife said she liked the BMW over them and she had a overland years ago. She couldn’t get over the fact that we had to spend 50 to 60k more for the same vehicle as our 2014 V6[emoji23].

I put her in a Audi S7 and wanted the RS7 but she won that round.

And for the record this thing disappoints a lot of fast cars being a grocery getter.

Now she’s like hey honey can we get something faster[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                            Last edited by Black Ice; 06-12-2022, 12:18 AM.

Comment

My wife has M.S that has been progressing. There will be a day when she will not be able to get in and out of something that low.
                              Sorry to hear that.

You need to get a first or early second generation Blazer/Jimmy when that day comes.

Comment

Working...
                              X