No announcement yet.

THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K well get a hoglite for your bow and stick one at night bud. Take some pics and post.

Comment

hey has anyone been dove hunting at the south shore was just curious if there were birds there the state park has gone to pot already

Comment

31.331856,-100.573536

best dove hunting out there, pool of water just before the clifs.

Comment

Originally posted by Poorboy View Post
          31.331856,-100.573536

best dove hunting out there, pool of water just before the clifs.
          Wrong....most crowded, decent dove hunting out there, but definitely not the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramball36 View Post
            Wrong....most crowded, decent dove hunting out there, but definitely not the best.
            so where is the best that is where i want to go and try

Comment

Originally posted by rbertman View Post
              so where is the best that is where i want to go and try
              There's a direct correlation between the success of bird hunts vs. how much you don't care about the clear coat on your pickup when it comes to TB....

Comment

There's a direct correlation between the success of bird hunts vs. how much you don't care about the clear coat on your pickup when it comes to TB....
                well guess i wont hunt there i really like the clear coat on truck thx

Comment

wha ha ha LMAO! SOOOOOO True

Comment

any word on the deer movement around the buttes? I'm coming up on thursday to do some more scouting. can't wait till october..

Comment

Originally posted by kermittxhunter View Post
                      any word on the deer movement around the buttes? I'm coming up on thursday to do some more scouting. can't wait till october..
                      Pretty good. They move left, they move right.....

Comment

Hmmmm I didn't know that. Thanks for the info lmao. Forecasts call for rain through the weekend so I'm on my way to twin buttes right now. I don't want to get locked out if it does rain. Driving through mertzon right now.

Comment

Kermit, How'd it go this evening?

Comment

i drove around area 2 saw alot of tracks. area three is a bust it's almost clear cut however you can drive from area three across the dry creek into area 4. I didn't see any deer but it was warm out so I didn't expect to see much. with all the tracks around areas with water access it looks promising. I didn't have time to look at any other areas before dark but if you want to get down near areas with water take a four wheeler or a truck out don't mind scratching up I took my f 350 dually all over the place but it's my work truck so i don't mind a few more scratches.

Comment

Originally posted by kermittxhunter View Post
                              i drove around area 2 saw alot of tracks. area three is a bust it's almost clear cut however you can drive from area three across the dry creek into area 4. I didn't see any deer but it was warm out so I didn't expect to see much. with all the tracks around areas with water access it looks promising. I didn't have time to look at any other areas before dark but if you want to get down near areas with water take a four wheeler or a truck out don't mind scratching up I took my f 350 dually all over the place but it's my work truck so i don't mind a few more scratches.
                              Kermit

In all seriousness Im headed out today if ya get this soon email me at outdoorsafflictiontv@yahoo.com

Comment

What is Spring Creek looking like at the dam? Still flowing over?

Comment

Working...
                                X