Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lucky- A South Texas Low Fence Buck. What he score????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well Lucky is 6-1/2yrs old this year. He started off as a 7pt with a missing browtine at 2-1/2yrs old. One of our members wanted to shoot him as a cull then. But we said let’s give him a chance. We don’t shoot our culls until 4yrs old. Well he has grown better and better each year. This year at 6-1/2yrs old he is a 7x6 with matching split G2’s. He has never been a wide buck but his frame all turns inward and he is quite impressive. I have been trying to get an idea on what he would score. I would appreciate everyone’s opinion on what he will score. We have his sheds from last year and we had him at 164. His beams where 23-1/2 last year. He has gained a little mass this year and added the splits on his G2’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wow, proof positive you don’t shot hem young until they have had a chance to see what they do. Great deer!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

He’s cuddling with 180.

176-179

Comment

175ish

Comment

Both are dang nice ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

without hard math I would say 175.

Comment

My guess is mid 70s also, but those narrow bucks will fool you. Wouldn’t be surprised if he crested 180.

Comment

He is 80s or 90s.

Comment

He gonna get hurt

Comment

Over 80! I have a 164 with G2's 1 inch apart too. In the middle. Mine isn't close to yours.
                    High and tight will fool ya.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Abcdj; 10-18-2018, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Beautiful animal. Mid to high 70's is what I came up with.

Comment

My goodness that’s a beautiful buck! His running buddy looks great too!

Comment

Ya know, to me It's another one of those special bigger deer where that final count to where some certain magical number doesn't factor into any added or decreased value. He's spiffy in his own right & would be tickled to see him on the wall.

We all like good scoring deer yet still have or prefer different traights For say what we want in a 175. And why all are great due to scoring, some just jump out when one sports a faunky,narrow yet tall tined tip toucher like this vs extreme spread & beams.

Really cool deer & while being an easy ott

Comment

Truth be told. I am perfectly fine letting him go another year. We hunt on a great low fence ranch. He has 16,000 acres to wander and spread his genes. I really like seeing his progression every year. I have tons of pictures and video. I am just curious if he scores about what I think he does. Sometimes you need a fresh perspective from someone new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X