Granite question???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Granite question???

I have a very small kitchen. Wife wants to redo counter tops. My mom is selling her house. In the old house she ended up with two straight flat pieces of granite counter top wide when she redid her counters. I’m pretty sure there is enough left to do mine. My question is does anyone know of a company that would cut it for me if I didn’t buy the granite from them. I’ll need a sink cut out with faucet. The counter are an L with a stove dividing one side.

Originally posted by big_smith View Post
    I have a very small kitchen. Wife wants to redo counter tops. My mom is selling her house. In the old house she ended up with two straight flat pieces of granite counter top wide when she redid her counters. I’m pretty sure there is enough left to do mine. My question is does anyone know of a company that would cut it for me if I didn’t buy the granite from them. I’ll need a sink cut out with faucet. The counter are an L with a stove dividing one side.
    I see your location is Wharton........my brother owns Tile Quote, located outside Wharton on 59
    He’s commercial only , but will put you in the right direction.

Comment

Where is he at? Never heard of tile quote.

Comment

There is a place in Edna. Think the name is Tanzania granite. They do great work.

Comment

Pretty easy to do yourself, as long as you're not beveling edges or somethingfancy, and can read a tape measure.
          Drop In sink?
          Angle grinder and abrasive hole saw, takes about 5-10 min.
          Done a lot of em over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by big_smith View Post
            Where is he at? Never heard of tile quote.
            Giant warehouse across from Loves Truck Stop
            He’s commercial only, no signs etc.... ask for Travis

Comment

Hard to get people to come out, I think the job is so small that they don’t want to bother. Had a tough time getting someone to come remove my drop in stove and cut granite to fit new slide in. Ended up doing it myself with angle grinder and a good diamond blade. Even did the electrical box. The key is to take it slow. Also you will get a lot of dust. I encased my work area with plastic drop cloths and ran my shop vac to vent dust out the patio door. Good luck.

Comment

Buy the best dust mask you can if you’re cutting it dry.

I’d post on Craiglist ‘Wanted’ and say it’s a small job and can be installed weekends. You may find somebody working for a countertop company looking to make sone extra $.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X