Budget Rifle Accuracy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Budget Rifle Accuracy

Buddy sent this to me today. Can one expect to achieve this sort of accuracy out of a low cost rifle, say under $500, or do you need spend some money to get there? Factory loads at 100yds.
    Attached Files

I tried with a savage axis, after replacing the stock, trigger , scope bases
    I think I should have just spent the money on a different unit

Comment

Consistently no. The random stars align shots. Sure. Anything is possible. But those cheap guns your really need to get a gem but 1”-1.5 is easily possible

Comment

My weatheryby vanguard .243, bought new under $300 will shoot that with some cheap fiocci 95 grains. Only thing it has is a $100 timney trigger. But it is an impressive rifle for the price. I have done load developement with it as well and all 4 groups shot under .5".

Comment

There are several budget rifles that guarantee sub moa with premium ammo. I think when you are hitting same hole, that also is a sign of a good shooter. But like said a few post earlier. being consistent is the key

Comment

My dang Remington.243 out of the box will come dang close. Straightest shooter I ever shot.

Who’s to say why ? Not me. I’m a Browning guy but dang that gun is unconscious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

A very large chunk of custom rifles won’t shoot that tight consistently

Comment

Rem 660, 600, 788 will all shoot very very well. Short stiff actions.

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyJoe View Post
                  Buddy sent this to me today. Can one expect to achieve this sort of accuracy out of a low cost rifle, say under $500, or do you need spend some money to get there? Factory loads at 100yds.
                  No

Comment

My rem 700 BLD in .243 from 1970’s is dead nuts. Its a .5 gun all day and has been forever.

Comment

Originally posted by mikerosa View Post
                      My dang Remington.243 out of the box will come dang close. Straightest shooter I ever shot.

Who’s to say why ? Not me. I’m a Browning guy but dang that gun is unconscious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      I bought a rem 700 .243 out of a car trunk @ a gun show
                      And had a box of pmc 100gr in the truck and it shot .5 moa danged fine rifle
                      Should have kept it

My buddy bought his wife a mossberg 6.5cm budget rifle, and it’s a lights out shooter, like .50-.75 moa on any factory ammunition
                      So I still have hope in finding a new el cheapo rifle
                      Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 12-11-2020, 05:02 PM.

Comment

.500 and .100 rifles are worlds apart

Since that's a 3 shot group who knows which one it is [emoji854][emoji854]

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Only when the stars all line up perfectly and you are shooting thru a vacuum

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                            .500 and .100 rifles are worlds apart

Since that's a 3 shot group who knows which one it is [emoji854][emoji854]

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
                            I always thought 3 is pretty much standard

Comment

I bet if bought 10 of your choice budget rifles, sighted in each one then shot all with various factory ammo you could find a unicorn- then sell the other nine.

I'll throw my Thompson Compass in the conversation. I was impressed with what it could do for the money. It now has new trigger springs and a boyds stock.

Comment

Working...
                              X