The gun that started it all.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The gun that started it all.

My 7 year old son Tripp is ate up with hunting. All day long he’s asking me questions like “would you rather shoots a 20 pointer whitetail or a 10 pointer elk?” Or “can hogzilla beat up a mountain lion?” Recently he’s been asking how many bows I have or how many guns I have and what kind and how big. So tonight I opened the safe and laid out all my guns and we went through them and I told him a story about each one. In the back of my safe I ran across this little gem. My first BB gun my grandfather gave me when I probably too young to have one. I grew up on my grandparents 5.5 acre place in LaPorte and I had free range. This gun has shot more birds, squirrels, cats, vinyl siding, older brothers and horses butts than any other gun in my safe. I’m glad I held on to it. I’m sure some of y’all still have your first gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish I still had one or two that I had way back then, had one just like yours! Little brothers, younger cousins, saving up coke bottles, mowing lawns to get a newer more powerful model, Santa Claus all conspired against saving a one for posterity.

Comment

Since the little man is about 2 years older than when you got that BB gun.....hope you told him it’s his to use with ya.

Get him out and shoot it!

Comment

Originally posted by txtimetravler View Post
        Since the little man is about 2 years older than when you got that BB gun.....hope you told him it’s his to use with ya.

Get him out and shoot it!

I told him they’re all his but I’m gonna hang on to them for him for a little while.

Comment

Got one, standing by the front door, right now............................
          Tree Rats.......beware....................go get in, somebody else's attic.......

Comment

Wish I still had mine.

Comment

Very cool! I still got my first too, a Benjamin 312 pellet gun.

Comment

My brother kept our Red Ryder and his 3 girls used it for target practice growing up. I grabbed it off of him this year as I have a son now. Needs a new bead on the barrel but is good to go. Birds and lizards never had a chance around that rifle. Will be cool to see it used again on our property.

Comment

Just shot one yesterday at some soda cans. Lots of fun

Comment

Cool story. Remove the gun mystery and educate them when they are young.
                    They are our next generation. Good job Dad

Comment

I have one just like it in my safe. I see you went with the upgraded the bb retainer in the front as well.

Comment

You’ve created a monster! I’m kidding of course, the outdoor and firearm addiction is real.

Comment

Have a nylon 66 22, that I saved up and bought at Grant Islings in Houston, I think that’s the spelling. Paid 35.00 .

Comment

Originally posted by pure lefty View Post
                            Have a nylon 66 22, that I saved up and bought at Grant Islings in Houston, I think that’s the spelling. Paid 35.00 .

Close it's Ilsings... Sure do miss that store!! Bought my first Remington 700 BDL there for $114.00!! in 1967...

Comment

Working...
                            X