What scope for .22 magnum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What scope for .22 magnum?

What's your favorite scope for your .22 magnum (or other rimfire)?

I picked up a Leupold 3x9x40 freedom rimfire for my savage 22 mag and really like it. I bought it about a year ago from Midway for $199. Really clear and plenty of magnification for 22 mag ranges.

Comment

A lot depends on the rifle it’s going on.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
        A lot depends on the rifle it’s going on.
        10/22 mag. I'll plink with it, and I'll shoot hogs, varmints, turkey with it.

Comment

3-9x40

Comment

You might check out Athlon scopes, seem to be very popular in pcp air rifles, I would think they would be great on a .22 as well.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
              You might check out Athlon scopes, seem to be very popular in pcp air rifles, I would think they would be great on a .22 as well.
              I was just looking at their Talos 3-12x40. Reviews look pretty decent for a cheap scope.

Comment

I run a talos BTR 4-14 on my savage 22 bolt action I have shot coons at 100 yards before. Great little scope for a hunting application suppressed when you don’t want to scare everything off in the woods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

When scoping a rimfire your best accuracy will be either a rimfire specific scope or one with and adjustable objective. Nearly all non objective or non rimfire specific scopes have the parallax set at 150 yards. At closer distances parallax becomes a problem. Not a great problem but can turn a gun capable of shooting an inch at 50 yards into one shooting two inches at that distance.

You can prove it to yourself. Set the gun in a good solid rest. Put the crosshairs on the bullseye. Without moving the gun. Move your head up and down left and right and you will see the crosshairs move on the target.

If close enough is acceptable accuracy any functioning scope will do. If you want the best accuracy that the gun is capable of shooting. Either a rimfire specific scope or one with and adjustable objective.

Comment

Leupold vx freedom rimfire

Comment

I have a Leupold VX2 3x9x40

Comment

If you want a cheap scope I have a BSA sweet 22. It's pretty good for what it cost me.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                          When scoping a rimfire your best accuracy will be either a rimfire specific scope or one with and adjustable objective. Nearly all non objective or non rimfire specific scopes have the parallax set at 150 yards. At closer distances parallax becomes a problem. Not a great problem but can turn a gun capable of shooting an inch at 50 yards into one shooting two inches at that distance.

You can prove it to yourself. Set the gun in a good solid rest. Put the crosshairs on the bullseye. Without moving the gun. Move your head up and down left and right and you will see the crosshairs move on the target.

If close enough is acceptable accuracy any functioning scope will do. If you want the best accuracy that the gun is capable of shooting. Either a rimfire specific scope or one with and adjustable objective.
                          Athlon will adjust down to 10 yards.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                            I was just looking at their Talos 3-12x40. Reviews look pretty decent for a cheap scope.
                            I have heard there warranty is great also, if ever needed.

Comment

I bought an Leupold Rifleman 3x9x40 at Wally World to put on my .17 HMR and love it.

Comment

Working...
                              X